Respected Contributor

I always pay cash when I'm at my local grocery store. Just the other day the checkout clerk thought it strange I paid that way as she said hardly anybody pays with cash these days, always credit or debit card.

I rarely pay by check either as most all my bills are paid online and I also use Paypal.

Honored Contributor

@allaries wrote:

on june first isent a check for a kuhn rikon pull and chop on a one time with total price with tax 24.32 still no notice about check received. i called customer service. they said check never received. ok i went to my bank since it is close. check has been processed and item paid for. called back with request of wait couple days. ok i will wait but no more checks for me

@allaries 

It's no secret that the US Mail isn't nearly as efficient as it used to be.  So many things can go wrong with a "check order".  I am very surprised that retailers accept that form of payment anymore.     

Valued Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@allaries 

And here I have people telling me checks went out with the 8-track tapes.

I personally have a checking account, but it is only used as an address to send my SS and my Pension Checks. Don't even have a checkbook.

hckynut  🇺🇸

I know a lot of people in the forums are fans of yours. I am not but do enjoy some of your posts. As many as you have you must be on here a lot. My kids make fun of me for writing checks also. I really do have a debit card and credit cards. I just did not want to use them. I dont bank online either so I guess that went out with the 8 track.also. I know a lot of things I do will soon be obsolete but I will probaly be ashes scattered somewhere by then. This is the first time I have had a problem but thankfully it was a low amount. But it is okay if you have a laugh at my expense. As my mom used to say I have broad shoulders.

Respected Contributor

@allaries , there is nothing wrong with you mailing a check if that's what you want to do.  If your bank says the check cashed, I'd get a copy of the check that cleared and email it to the mods here.

There is no reason for Q not to send you the item you ordered when they clearly have cashed the check and it cleared.

I wish you luck and hope it works out.  I know some people that still write checks and won't pay online.  If Q still accepts which obviously they do, they need to get the item shipped to you.

Respected Contributor

@allaries wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@allaries 

And here I have people telling me checks went out with the 8-track tapes.

I personally have a checking account, but it is only used as an address to send my SS and my Pension Checks. Don't even have a checkbook.

hckynut  🇺🇸

I know a lot of people in the forums are fans of yours. I am not but do enjoy some of your posts. As many as you have you must be on here a lot. My kids make fun of me for writing checks also. I really do have a debit card and credit cards. I just did not want to use them. I dont bank online either so I guess that went out with the 8 track.also. I know a lot of things I do will soon be obsolete but I will probaly be ashes scattered somewhere by then. This is the first time I have had a problem but thankfully it was a low amount. But it is okay if you have a laugh at my expense. As my mom used to say I have broad shoulders.

@allaries When I read @hckynutjohn response, I didn't take it as his making fun of you....I simply think he was just pointing out he doesn't have a checking account. I still do.....sometimes you ( or at least I ) still need one.  Since I don't do Zelle or Venmo, checks come in handy when sending a birthday card in the mail to a relative.  Also, I need a check when paying my lawn man since he doesn't take plastic.  Also, checks come in handy when paying certain establishments now that want to pass on their merchant surcharge fee on to the customer.  No, thank you!  That seems to be the way of the future by the way.  My local post office, car dealer service garage, doctor's office, barber shop and even my lawyer is tacking on 3.5% when you use a credit card.  Maybe cash really is king.  🤴

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

@allaries 

I am glad to see your reply. While I do have a higher number of posts than many. It really has more to do with how long, over the years, I have been here. It is not so much about how much time I spend on these forums.

Technology started to really advance in the later '70's, in my view. And since it started it has been by leaps and bounds. I used to order most of my electronics via Mail Order Companies out of magazines. That was because they were so much cheaper for the same equipment. Back then it had to be paid by COD(cash on delivery)only. 

I am not even sure why I decided to post on this thread, but I did. If I did so in a manner that offended members, that was not my intent. It was certainly not for me to get a laugh out of it. A laugh, at the expense of others, is not, or ever has been, who I am.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

Hey John .... I don't think your comments were offensive or getting a laugh at someone's expense.   You were making an observation.  I'm sure others can also relate to your comments as well.   

Respected Contributor

@allaries Have the bank give you a copy of the check, front and back to show the endorsement.  DO THAT NOW.  When you get that, call CS and let them know.  If they want to see the copy, make another copy, send it to them, and keep the first copy for yourself.  DON'T DESTROY IT UNTIL THE MATTER IS COMPLETELY RESOLVED.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh he can be very condescending, especially over in the Wellness forum.

Occasional Contributor

I thought the Q stopped having pay by check as an option. 🤷‍♀️