Valued Contributor

on june first isent a check for a kuhn rikon pull and chop on a one time with total price with tax 24.32 still no notice about check received. i called customer service. they said check never received. ok i went to my bank since it is close. check has been processed and item paid for. called back with request of wait couple days. ok i will wait but no more checks for me

Occasional Contributor

I'm experiencing same problem.

Called CS no clue or explanation of what happened, yet the check was cashed without my receiving my order. Told to wait 5 days call back if not received.

Esteemed Contributor

@allaries 

And here I have people telling me checks went out with the 8-track tapes.

I personally have a checking account, but it is only used as an address to send my SS and my Pension Checks. Don't even have a checkbook.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@allaries 

I personally have a checking account, but it is only used as an address to send my SS and my Pension Checks. Don't even have a checkbook.

hckynut  🇺🇸

Same! Not sure why anyone would send a check for an order but to each their own!

Super Contributor
There are still some people who don’t do online banking! So far I have never had a problem ordering on line, but know at least 3 seniors who just won’t do it.
Honored Contributor

Re: check order

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@allaries 

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn - was your passive belittling necessary?  So, she likes to write checks. No big deal.  You don't. So what.  Doesn't make you "all that" because you boast that you don't own a checkbook.  What is your point?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

With all that's going on with them, I am not at surprised that there are problems with pay by check.  Payment by check must be a nightmare for them.  

Trusted Contributor

@hckynutjohn  I only write 3 checks per month, everything else is paid online. The only reason I have to pay the 3 bills by check is that they are local small businesses and my landlord who either don't accept electronic payments or charge 3% extra for credit card payments. Hopefully that will change in the future.

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@allaries 

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn - was your passive belittling necessary?  So, she likes to write checks. No big deal.  You don't. So what.  Doesn't make you "all that" because you boast that you don't own a checkbook.  

What is your point?

@gidgetgh 

You just made it! "Passive Belittle"?

If I choose to say something to anyone, it is not passive. I say it directly and preferably to their face.

I comment, you interpret it any way you choose. 

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@hckynutjohn  I only write 3 checks per month, everything else is paid online. The only reason I have to pay the 3 bills by check is that they are local small businesses and my landlord who either don't accept electronic payments or charge 3% extra for credit card payments. Hopefully that will change in the future.

@Buffalogal47 

Fortunately almost all our regular Bill's are set up on Auto Withdraw Payments. Think my wife might still use her checking account with some local purchases, I don't ask. I buy very little locally, and what I do is by debit card, no extra credit charge.

I remember when paying cash was 99% of purchases. Now? Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, even pay more to pay a bill. Who'da thought, not me.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)