Esteemed Contributor

That's the word used by MSN entertainment in a story related to the cancellation of the RB reboot:

"...her show, which was canceled after a cabal of ABC and Disney executives ruled that the matter was untenable."

Never having read the definition of the word (only having read it in the past in context.), I looked it up and found it to be an interesting choice for the story:

A cabal is a small group of people united in some close design, usually to promote their private views of or interests in an ideology, state, or other community, often by intrigue and usually unbeknownst to those outside their group. The use of this term usually carries negative connotations of political purpose, conspiracy and secrecy. (wikipedia)

Hmmm....

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

I think what she said was terrible - and if they want to cancel her show for that - it's fine with me.

Others, however, have said  as bad or worse and get a pass from their employers.  

That's no excuse for her, but I see where some folks get upset.

Honored Contributor

The Cabal was a big thing on The Blacklist tv show a few seasons back. whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

They fired her because what she said was vile and repugnant.  She deserved to be fired.  I do feel bad for the other actors on the show and the crew though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

Esteemed Contributor

I have never understood her appeal and have never watched her show.  What she said was repugnant, but I have heard and seen worse from entertainers.  I get tired of hearing how things are said in the name of comedy, as much of what said has no comedic value to me at least.  I also get tired of all of the apologies  Either you mean it or you don't.  If the public and the powers that be cannot tolerate her views, then they should not be tolerating the public views of any other entertainer and they should all have the same outcome.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I have never understood her appeal and have never watched her show.  What she said was repugnant, but I have heard and seen worse from entertainers.  I get tired of hearing how things are said in the name of comedy, as much of what said has no comedic value to me at least.  I also get tired of all of the apologies  Either you mean it or you don't.  If the public and the powers that be cannot tolerate her views, then they should not be tolerating the public views of any other entertainer and they should all have the same outcome.  

Exactly.  People should own what they say.

Reminds me of a line from Positively 4th Street (Bob Dylan - love him) - "When you see me on the street, you always act suprised.  You say 'how are you, good luck' but you don't mean it.  When you know as well as me, you'd rather see me paralyzed - why don't you just come out once and scream it?"

These "apologies" are always so fake anyway.  What they are really sorry about are the consequences they obviously didn't expect - and now want to avoid.

Respected Contributor

I am extremely pleased to see the network stand up for decency and good standards.

They acted swiftly and I was extremely encouraged by their actions.

If other corporations would take a stand on distasteful rhetoric it would be a step in the right direction.

Honored Contributor

Her mouth is still going today. Last night ambien got the blame. I wonder about all the other horrible things she has said, whose fault were they?

Trusted Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Her mouth is still going today. Last night ambien got the blame. I wonder about all the other horrible things she has said, whose fault were they?

@cherry

Ambien's manufacturer just released a statement saying that racism isn't a side effect of Ambien.  

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~