Honored Contributor

I want to switch from Yahoo! I'd like a home page with a similar layout, that has stories of all kinds, but is not flooded with the latest Kardashian news. I like a mix of categories.

Does anyone have any advice? TIA! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Re: Need advice on a home page

I just found one called BestHomepageEver that you can use as is or can customize.

besthomepageever dot com

Honored Contributor

MSN is my homepage.  Has a bunch of stuff on it.  I like it well enough.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

aol is my homepage on internet explorer.

msn is my homepage on microsoft edge browser.

on firefox i pretty much have a blank slate as my homepage.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I have a dell chromebook. I was able to make my own homepage. I have a picture of the beach - my own pic - then over it are boxes with all my favorite sites to go to - just have to click the picture. 

However, if I want to see the news I have to click the picture and go to MSN, or for weather I have to click the picture and go to weather bug.

Trusted Contributor

Do you have a favorite news site that you normally use? Or the home page of your local paper?

Valued Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I want to switch from Yahoo! I'd like a home page with a similar layout, that has stories of all kinds, but is not flooded with the latest Kardashian news. I like a mix of categories.

Does anyone have any advice? TIA! Smiley Happy

can you just remove the section that you don't like the news feed of?  I've done that on my yahoo home page I have very limited "news" feeds

Valued Contributor

I remember a poster saying she uses a homepage that donates to animal shelters etc just from clicking the site each day.

Been looking for it - haven't found it yet.

Honored Contributor

Freekible.com, theanimalrescuesite.greatergood.com, and this one leads you to others you can click on, like for veterans etc.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Freekible.com, theanimalrescuesite.greatergood.com, and this one leads you to others you can click on, like for veterans etc.

Excellent! Thanks @on the bay!