Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66. Certainly looks like that would be how they do it, based on their commercial.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

In March, I had 2 early stage skin cancers treated on my hand.   Due to the presence of squamous cells, I got the deep triple blast with liquid nitrogen.  

2 weeks ago I had 12 more pre-cancers treated, again on my hands.   Regardless of whether your treatment is a deep blast or a quick blast, liquid nitrogen burns into multiple layers of skin, and IT HURTS.   I am no wuss, and my pain tolerance is high, but watching your skin get red and blister up from liquid nitrogen while feeling that intense burning pain in your hands, is pure torture.

That said, while I understand the curiosity in one of these desserts, common sense is going to tell me to be cautious eating something quick frozen by liquid nitrogen!

Yeah, I had a place on my face sprayed just a slight sting, but, a wart was sprayed on my thumb and that stung like ****. Does the job, though. Skin on hands is thin, think , that's why the hand spray pained the most.

Wish I could have it sprayed all over my back for those seborrheic keratoses, but, been to pricey. I took care of them myself using over the counter stuff. Takes longer, but, lot cheaper. LOL

Best advice stay out of sun. Sun, is not our friend. Think sunscreen !

Honored Contributor

@SharkE,

The irony in my situation is that I don’t do outside!    

My only sun exposure is driving the car, and walking from my car into the grocery store or doctors office.   I don’t sit in the sun, I don’t do outside activities such as street fairs, and I haven’t hung clothes outside for years.   I am super sensitive to sunlight, and will burn with 110 SPF, so I just don’t do outside, yet the tiny spots that come back as actinic keratosis just keep popping out on my hands.   

Honored Contributor

Re: beware: liquid nitrogen

[ Edited ]

Sounds like another ignorant bandwagon games/challenge. Tide pods, water bucket, one chip challenge,  Dele hand gesture ,and now  the dragon breath snacks.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@SharkE,

The irony in my situation is that I don’t do outside!    

My only sun exposure is driving the car, and walking from my car into the grocery store or doctors office.   I don’t sit in the sun, I don’t do outside activities such as street fairs, and I haven’t hung clothes outside for years.   I am super sensitive to sunlight, and will burn with 110 SPF, so I just don’t do outside, yet the tiny spots that come back as actinic keratosis just keep popping out on my hands.   

Yikes! you poor thing. Must have Scottish skin. I got my back barnacles from sun bathing back when I was young 100 yrs ago LOL

Since moving to Tx I don't go out without my pricey sunscreen on.

The things you have Regis Philbin has too. He had them on face.

Pretty common, but, your doing the right thing by being pro active !

spot on my face was from using hubbo's shaver and got piece of skin caught in his shaver and at the time it grabbed and hurt pretty bad, but, went away, then, and forgot about it.

Then, I noticed a red spot would appear, I'd cover it up with cover cream, it would go away, but would come back,  heal , come back.

I panicked and ran to dermatologist she  hit it with the spray, never

came back.  Just a infection

I got peach fuzz on face by the chin area. Tried that epilator, but, that's like 100 tiny blades stabbing you,  so, that's out. Just got a

ladies gentle shaver to use on fuzz now.  Always something !

@RedTop

Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

Decades ago, while conducting research in a science lab, I had to use liquid nitrogen.  It was also used in electron microscopes to keep them at the proper temperature.

Having also worked in the chemistry lab to put myself through college, I have a very healthy respect for these things.

When I heard the latest about Dragon's Breath products, I couldn't believe anyone would be so completely idiotic.  It baffles me that these products aren't banned.

Agree totally @Venezia!

Honored Contributor

Hubbo said they will be smoking cow piles before long.

26442294V6UPVAYyy (1).gif

Respected Contributor

I've had many skin growths removed by liquid nitrogen.  If it can "freeze" skin growths such as seborrheic keratosis,  it can certainly affect the interior of the body.