Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I don’t understand the need for people to announce they won’t be posting anymore. Either do or don’t. 

@GenXmuse 

I said the same thing, but my post was removed.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@cherry   Very good point.  I don't start a lot of threads here, but when I do, I try to be very careful about the subject and my wording.  I know how easy it is to raise some people's dander, and I'm too old to get into that!  Cat Wink

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Re: because of the

[ Edited ]

As far as I am concerned people that work with children need to have patience and kindness  @Anonymous032819 

I am a mother, and have helped with children all of my life. I know they aren't all angels, and I know some can push your buttons. However ,when a child asks for help ,and you are hired to work in that capacity, you should give it

It could have been a teachable moment for the child. I would have said, I will help you do it, but ,I won't do it for you. A little kindness goes a long way

Esteemed Contributor

Re: because of the

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

For those who are wondering what the o/p is talking about, she recently posted about how a child came up to her at the library and asked her to cut something out for her, because it was too hard for her.

The o/p call the child, and as a result, all children lazy, because the child asked for help with the task of cutting something out.

This is the same poster who bent over backwards to help an older homeless couple, too.

The child never said it was hard. The child said it would take too long. Big Difference!

She just wanted the OP to do it for her because she didn't want to do it herself.

That is your conclusion.

No, that is a fact. I know because I read the thread. And contrary to other posts here--it wasn't titled "All Kids Are Lazy" and wasn't posted on Mother's Day. I will agree the title sounded a little judgemental and, as always, the bandwagon started rolling.

The questions weren't "why do you feel the way you do?" or "have there been other instances like this that make you feel this is more the norm than an exception?" It was pretty much a pile on about how ignorant it is to say children are lazy and an onslaught of why the child didn't want to do the work when the reason was already given in the first post.

It's pretty much a dead giveaway when people start making things up to make a situation appear better for their side yet, regardless of what side of the topic your opinion lands, let's at least try to keep things truthful. 

Respected Contributor

I think this poster cannot stand someone to have a differing opinion. She painted all children with the same brush saying they are lazy. I was always taught to ask for help if needed. I don't think this makes the child lazy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

I don’t understand the need for people to announce they won’t be posting anymore. Either do or don’t. 

@GenXmuse 

I said the same thing, but my post was removed.

I also don't see the need for people to announce how they help other people by paying for their groceries because they "looked like they didn't have much money" etc.....If you help someone, then do it without feeling the need to announce it to people who really don't care but act like they do.  JMO

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

For those who are wondering what the o/p is talking about, she recently posted about how a child came up to her at the library and asked her to cut something out for her, because it was too hard for her.

The o/p call the child, and as a result, all children lazy, because the child asked for help with the task of cutting something out.

This is the same poster who bent over backwards to help an older homeless couple, too.

The child never said it was hard. The child said it would take too long. Big Difference!

She just wanted the OP to do it for her because she didn't want to do it herself.

That is your conclusion.

No, that is a fact. I know because I read the thread. And contrary to other posts here--it wasn't titled "All Kids Are Lazy" and wasn't posted on Mother's Day. I will agree the title sounded a little judgemental and, as always, the bandwagon started rolling.

The questions weren't "why do you feel the way you do?" or "have their been other instances like this that make you feel this is more the norm than an exception?" It was pretty much a pile on about how ignorant it is to say children are lazy and an onslaught of why the child didn't want to do the work when the reason was already given in the first post.

It's pretty much a dead giveaway when people start making things up to make a situation appear better for their side yet, regardless of what side of the topic your opinion lands, let's at least try to keep things truthful. 

The title of the thread was Today's Kids Are Lazy and it was posted on Mother's Day. I read and posted on it. The OP made it very clear how she felt about the child. No one is making anything up.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

That is your conclusion.

The questions weren't "why do you feel the way you do?" or "have their been other instances like this that make you feel this is more the norm than an exception?" It was pretty much a pile on about how ignorant it is to say children are lazy and an onslaught of why the child didn't want to do the work when the reason was already given in the first post.

The title of the thread was Today's Kids Are Lazy and it was posted on Mother's Day. I read and posted on it. The OP made it very clear how she felt about the child. No one is making anything up.

That's funny because I wasn't here on Mother's Day and I know exactly what thread you're discussing. As to the other claim...that the title was "All Kids Are Lazy" thank you for clearing that up. 

Honored Contributor

O/T I believe it was posted on Mother’s Day because the OP said she was at work (at the library); as I read it I wondered if our local library is also open on Sundays.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

O/T I believe it was posted on Mother’s Day because the OP said she was at work (at the library); as I read it I wondered if our local library is also open on Sundays.

If that's true then the thread was still here on Monday. And if the original post truly was 5/12 then I apologize for my error. Not sure it is an error but, either way, it doesn't change the fact that some (many) people behaved badly with their responses. 

Maybe now that they've seen how apologies are made perhaps they should learn by example and do the same for the OP to whom they were very rude. It's never to late to learn.