Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ That didn't help. Still as the thread went on the became left handed, lacked fine motor skills, didn't know how to use scissers...Had the thread not disappeared, the child would have morphed into one who was barely alive and the OP into someone resembling mommy dearest.

Respected Contributor

Re: because of the

[ Edited ]

Interestingly enough, an old, old friend of mine used to work in the library and did so for 25 years. He said unless there's an activity session, most things cannot be cut out. I would guess, however, there was no activity session going on since the child didn't ask anyone who, apparently, was part of that.  

Honored Contributor

I don’t understand the need for people to announce they won’t be posting anymore. Either do or don’t. 

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Do not let the Snarks win.  I guarantee if you stop and think about it the Posters that are kind, courteous, and care are greater in number than the narrow minded rude folks.  Stay and when things become difficult just click off for a while or go to another forum for a bit. Heart

Two things about this post strike me as important.  Good advice to move on with other topics and posters, click in and out as needed keeping in mind that other strong opinions aren't necessarily narrow minded or rude because they aren't in agreement.

The other thought: it is also (more generally applied) good advice for children who think it safe to ask for assistance from an adult helper.  A discouraged child could be a child who checks out of his or her potential.  Children who persist to find good helpers should have subsequent personal accomplishments as a result. 

Esteemed Contributor

Don’t cut and run because of some snarky remarks, take it in stride and move on. We all have to deal with this in one way or another in life. I sorry people hurt you but this too will pass. Life is full of ups and downs. Don’t give the people the satisfaction of leaving. 

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

Interestingly enough, an old, old friend of mine used to work in the library and did so for 25 years. He said unless there's an activity session, most things cannot be cut out. I would guess, however, there was no activity session going on since the child didn't ask anyone who, apparently, was part of that.  

She may have and been turned down so tried the OP.

Not that anyone should care but I'm siding with the OP and feel children should be expected to do what they can for themselves. How else will they improve their skills if others do it for them?

I also felt that some posters went beyond an opinion and made personal mean comments about the OP.

Honored Contributor

First you should not had called the child lazy,even if that was the case,  we all get snarky comments made ,and rude ones, just  take a break and realize this is a chat forum,i get upset with some on here also.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Yes, there were some nasty remarks back, but I think she really started out of the gate ticking people off Her subsequent comments made it even worse. You can tell how someone types, if they like children ,and if they don't, sometimes, and she fell into the don't category right from the get go as far as I am concerned

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

For those who are wondering what the o/p is talking about, she recently posted about how a child came up to her at the library and asked her to cut something out for her, because it was too hard for her.

The o/p call the child, and as a result, all children lazy, because the child asked for help with the task of cutting something out.

This is the same poster who bent over backwards to help an older homeless couple, too.

The child never said it was hard. The child said it would take too long. Big Difference!

She just wanted the OP to do it for her because she didn't want to do it herself.

Thank you @occasionalrain  for speaking up with the correct information. 

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Yes, there were some nasty remarks back, but I think she really started out of the gate ticking people off Her subsequent comments made it even worse. You can tell how someone types, if they like children ,and if they don't, sometimes, and she fell into the don't category right from the get go as far as I am concerned

@cherry 

And she wants to be on the library board, to boot.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.