Honored Contributor

Do not let the Snarks win.  I guarantee if you stop and think about it the Posters that are kind, courteous, and care are greater in number than the narrow minded rude folks.  Stay and when things become difficult just click off for a while or go to another forum for a bit. Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

It's best not to make broad generalizaitons about entire groups of people. That usually doesn't go over well.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

I think you gotta develop a tough skin.I know that is hard.

Honored Contributor

Don't know what post the OP is referring to but as someone mentioned do not criticize children/grandchildren even if you don't know them or make general statements.

And if you want to leave this forum, do so.  No need to announce it.

Honored Contributor

Give me a break, I read the thread the OP is upset about, there were very few facts stated so of course people had questions

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Take care, be well @shortbreadlover .

Respected Contributor

Re: because of the

[ Edited ]

I am sorry that you feel as you do.  You have to understand that if there are two people there will be two different opinions.  Each of us bases our opinions on our personal experiences, so they are bound to be different.  Maybe you can reconsider and choose to continue posting kind and thoughtful opinions.  It might help someone else in the long run.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

For those who are wondering what the o/p is talking about, she recently posted about how a child came up to her at the library and asked her to cut something out for her, because it was too hard for her.

The o/p call the child, and as a result, all children lazy, because the child asked for help with the task of cutting something out.

This is the same poster who bent over backwards to help an older homeless couple, too.

The child never said it was hard. The child said it would take too long. Big Difference!

She just wanted the OP to do it for her because she didn't want to do it herself.

Esteemed Contributor

@shortbreadlover   I know exactly how you feel. It’s happened to me too. The thing you must remember is once you post something it’s out there for people to interpret however they want.

We don’t know eachother personally,just through our communications.Therefore,sometimes people will misinterpret what we mean either unintentionally or on purpose.Or they may just disagree with our view. We have no control over others responses. But we do have control over how we handle them.I will never allow negative responses to ruin my day.

I often say that we are all friends on these boards.That being said some people just enjoy being negative.Don’t give them the power to get to you.Just move on.

I hope you reconsider & stay.There are many more good people than negative ones.