New Contributor

Strange thing happening with my back these days.  I have noticed in the last few weeks that while sitting and leaning back against my seat in my car and my not very cushy couch, it feels like something is protruding from my back along the side of my spine area.  I credited it to sitting way too much these days due to the quarantine, depressed mood, etc and I can't seem to motivate to get up and do much.  I don't seem to feel it when sitting on other furniture with more cushion.  I also thought  it was only noticable when im in the car an extenden amount of time but today it was only about 10 mins before i noticed.  I cannot feel anything or see anything but it is definitely a feeling of something sticking out so therefore I feel the pressure on that spot.  Not really painful.  Can't and really don't want to bother a DR with this but maybe whenever Mi opens up I will check with a DR but has anyone ever had someting like this.  

I am 60 by the way.  Is this another type of old age thing??

EDIT***

Well I guess there is a bulge there.  I leaned forward at the waist and right below the rib cage it is fattier than the other side lol.  I googled some stuff and I guess it is serious enough for a Dr visit when they open.  Not painful just sticks out

Esteemed Contributor

@jesuslovesme  DRs are there to be "bothered."  I think it's worth at least a phone call.  And then definitely a visit (if DR suggests) when MI opens.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@jesuslovesme   First, welcome to the boards.

Please contact your PCP for advice.  I have had 2 MRI's-one just in January for spine issue.  I'm not going to go into all my medical issues but your doctor is where you need to start.

Good luck and blessings to you.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

You could strictly avoid both of these situations for a couple of days to see what happens.  I have a chair that does me in.  No real idea why.

Respected Contributor

@jesuslovesme  -

This sounds like it could certainly be classified as something urgent that would warrant at least a phone call to your physician. I live in Michigan as well, and we were never prohibited from visiting our doctors for urgent care. Nonetheless, non-urgent visits resume in just 2 days, so please don't let this go on any longer. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~