Valued Contributor

So many people have apps they love  May we share our favorite apps  I would love to try them  I only have the usual

Respected Contributor

I'm not a fan of apps. Don't think there's one that's been created that simply and quickly offered as much easy to navigate information as a full website.

Esteemed Contributor

@mollymaggie wrote:

So many people have apps they love  May we share our favorite apps  I would love to try them  I only have the usual

@mollymaggie,  what are "the usual"?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I play Mahjong and hidden picture games and candy crush through apps. I like Pinterest a lot too. 

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I'm not a fan of apps. Don't think there's one that's been created that simply and quickly offered as much easy to navigate information as a full website.

I've also found this to be true.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't apps use up so much of your storage space on your phone?  I'm particularly careful about having so many for that reason.  I've also found that a really good one will suddenly stop working as it once did and I wind up deleting it.  I'm only talking about "free apps" though.  LOL.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

On phone/iPad the one I use most is the local weather from my local TV station.  I have shopping apps, Walmart/target/amazon/local market for grocery pick up/ etc.  Some games. Sports scores (ESPN and FOX)  News.  Banking for deposits and paying bills. Internet provider app so I can get texts about outages, same for electric and town for updates.  Easy access to all.  Also have Chrome and Safari browsers.  Love my apps

Respected Contributor

I have a bunch of apps on my iPad, ones I use a lot:

NYTimes, Overdrive from my Local Library to use for e-books and audio books, United Airlines, Uber.

Amazon, Audible App,The Weather Channel App, Bank, AT&T, Chick-fil-A, Google maps, on and on I have dozens.  even RAPT (Paris metro,ha) 

I also use a lot of the Apple preloaded apps, like the Calendar.

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I play Mahjong and hidden picture games and candy crush through apps. I like Pinterest a lot too. 

@GenXmuse   I am happy that I am not the only one playing Candy Crush!

My children and grandchildren always give me a hard time about doing it. 

I find that it really makes one think on how to get through each board.  Brain activity is not a bad thing.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@GenXmuse   I am happy that I am not the only one playing Candy Crush!

My children and grandchildren always give me a hard time about doing it. 

I find that it really makes one think on how to get through each board.  Brain activity is not a bad thing.

Exactly! Finding patterns, strategizing, recognition and memory games can keep your brain "younger" and besides all that it's fun!  👍😊👍