Respected Contributor

I have a landline because I despise talking on a cell phone. And I also despise listening to people talking on their cells. And I would hate carrying it around and having to keep it charged all the time.

I am on the do not call list and also have nomorobo and I still get these calls. I think these systems do not recognize the "spoofed" numbers as scammers. Of course I block them but it does not keep others from coming in.

Valued Contributor

I have a cell phone and I got 30 of those apple calls. I went to my at&t store and he said not much you can do. He did put a block in but still got a couple calls. they left messages also. It was driving me nuts. Who are these people?

Respected Contributor

We have earthquakes, and live in a high fire area.

We want as much access to help as we can get in an emergency.

We get the spam on both kinds of phones.

Esteemed Contributor

I have Comcast/Infinity and use nomorobo. It is easy to sign up for online. It has stopped 95% of all my calls. It is a real winner. Try it if you have the option. It is worthwhile and free to use.

Respected Contributor

If you are aboslutely sure the calls originated from Georgetown University, you might want to file a complaint with them and their police department; most universities have internal police departments.

Honored Contributor

Yes I used to have one of those devices for robo calls--not sure where it is. However---have had not one call all day yesterday--Sunday--after activated the #/*77 thru Xfinity----knock on wood!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@ID2, Here are some reasons to keep a landline phone:

• Provides security in an emergency with reliable 911 communications.
  • Gives you superior sound quality and clarity.
  • Works even during an electrical outage.
  • Eliminates need to charge batteries.
  • Provides unlimited local calling.
  • Never drops your calls.
  • Can’t be hacked.
  • Saves you money when you bundle services.
Respected Contributor

I thnk it is very uncalled for to call others out for still hving a landline or for any decisions they make.  Wonderful posters here have given you ID2, several great reasons.  Also, having a landline in 2020 does not mean people are not "keeping up with the times."  Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinions but I don't think anyone has the right to question the opinions or decisions of others.

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Trusted Contributor

I also was getting these un wanted calls.They use different numbers had them all day plus more.I have a blocking key use that,then finally called me kids to tell them I pulled the plug on phone.Had another group yesterday all day.Guess they have nothing else to do 

Trusted Contributor

🤣. I thought this was going to be a post about people selling bad apples 🍎 🍏 or something!