Trusted Contributor

One thing that I have done.....I have ordered a magazine first...You don't pay shipping on magazines.  Then because that is my first order....free shipping for the rest of the day!!!!

But also remember....It will take awhile before you get your first magazine.  But the subscription price is much less $$$ on zulily.

Valued Contributor

I have not ordered clothing from them other than name brand shoes.

I have ordered from them household items and shoes and slippers and other items but I can not attest to the clothing.

Valued Contributor

I have always wondered about Zulily and wondered what their merchandise looked like.  Some of the ads look interesting BUT I don't think I should have to give any  business my personal information, even if it's as innocent as an email address, to shop on their site, so I don't. Giving your email address or any other info should be voluntary and not required to do business with anyone.  I want to see what they have before I consider buying.   Maybe I'll buy or maybe I'll never return.  It's not like BJ's or Cosco where you get a discount for joining/buying and you at least know what their merchandise is like before you sign on.  This is my personal opinion and the fewer places that have my email address the better.  I get enough unwanted/junk/spam email as it is.  :smileyhappy:

Esteemed Contributor

I have ordered garden stuff and those storage crates. I've been happy with everything. I'm right now waiting on a small Christmas gift for my son.

Esteemed Contributor

I've bought some garden items, several plants and some shirts and shoes.

Clothing sizing is inconsistant, even in same brand. 

My EMU slippers were a steal!  I agree that the shoes are a good buy!

Honored Contributor

@Melzie wrote:

I have always wondered about Zulily and wondered what their merchandise looked like.  Some of the ads look interesting BUT I don't think I should have to give any  business my personal information, even if it's as innocent as an email address, to shop on their site, so I don't. Giving your email address or any other info should be voluntary and not required to do business with anyone.  I want to see what they have before I consider buying.   Maybe I'll buy or maybe I'll never return.  It's not like BJ's or Cosco where you get a discount for joining/buying and you at least know what their merchandise is like before you sign on.  This is my personal opinion and the fewer places that have my email address the better.  I get enough unwanted/junk/spam email as it is.  :smileyhappy:

I saw that about the email post and that as never been done by me to get on their site.  I keep them on my favorite list and just click on and I am already logged in.  The only time I have to provide my email address to them is to view something on my account, not to window shop or even order.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

I understand why they are popular with their customers, but I'll pass. They do have some cute things, and they have some good prices. I bought from them several times in their early years. For the most part, though, I couldn't really be sure what I was getting unless I Knew the item from somewhere else, and I couldn't return it if it wasn't what I thought. Plus it takes forever to get things sometimes--and that was way before the pandemic slowed everything down. Overall, the things I got stuck with offset the bargains, and I closed my account. 

Trusted Contributor

@beckyb1012, you are right, because you already gave them your information, and they have placed cookies in your computer, so they recognize you when you visit the site, whether you log in or not. The same thing happens on QVC.

However, @Melzie is also right--the first time you go to the site, they require you to give them your email and create an account before they will even let you look at the site to see if you are interested.

Many websites try to get you to give hem your email as soon as you arrive, but most sites don't require it. Like Melzie, I find this very offputting when it happens. It would be like having to show your driver's license to walk into the grocery store. Even CostCo lets you in the door without a card to look around. They just won't let you buy without a CostCo account.

Honored Contributor

@katte wrote:

Does anyone shop Zulily?  I've seen some cute things. 

@katte @I do. My last order took weeks to get to me. Orders are taking much longer but I still love the things I've ordered. Expect to wait.

Valued Contributor

I ordered a few tops a couple of years ago.  They were cheaply made and about 3 sizes too small.  After I returned them, they took $12.50 off my refund for shipping and handling; which I complained about, and they gave me a $10.00 store credit, which I told them to keep as I would never buy from them again.

Just sayin'.