Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze

I enjoyed the second episode of FTWD a lot better than the first one. I thought that my blase attitude towards the show was because I am so into "The Walking Dead," and let's admit, it's a tough act to follow. that I was being impatient with the new show.

I must admit that the daughter is on my last good nerve.

I never considered that it was just crappy acting. I think you might be on to something. :-)

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@HappyDaze

I enjoyed the second episode of FTWD a lot better than the first one. I thought that my blase attitude towards the show was because I am so into "The Walking Dead," and let's admit, it's a tough act to follow. that I was being impatient with the new show.

I never considered that it was just crappy acting. I think you might be on to something. :-)

It was slow at first but it is starting to pick up. I think that was done on purpose so as to show a regular day in this family's life that is now going horribly wrong.  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that Fear the Walking Dead can't compare to Walking Dead, but I'm going to watch the next few episodes and hope it gets better.  As others have said, I think it's because we all are so invested in WD -- have been watching for years and are comfortable/fond of the characters -- and, for me, I just haven't grown attached to anyone in the other show yet.  I don't even find any of the characters especially likable yet, but I'm hoping that changes.  If not, I'll just stick with the original WD.  

Esteemed Contributor

My husband and a lot of my friends/family watch The Walking Dead (and American Horror Story). I tried, but I cant get into either of them. But they are popular.

I prefer the Vampire Diaries, and Gotham so I guess I like some gross but not too much. lol.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

My husband and a lot of my friends/family watch The Walking Dead (and American Horror Story). I tried, but I cant get into either of them. But they are popular.

I prefer the Vampire Diaries, and Gotham so I guess I like some gross but not too much. lol.

Re:  American Horror Story............ now THAT'S some scary s**t !!

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I agree that Fear the Walking Dead can't compare to Walking Dead, but I'm going to watch the next few episodes and hope it gets better.  As others have said, I think it's because we all are so invested in WD -- have been watching for years and are comfortable/fond of the characters -- and, for me, I just haven't grown attached to anyone in the other show yet.  I don't even find any of the characters especially likable yet, but I'm hoping that changes.  If not, I'll just stick with the original WD.  

Same here! We are going to watch a few more but if it doesn't grow on me and things don't change for the better, we aren't going to bother. With the original WD, we were immersed in it quickly although it took us another season to like a few of the regulars and a few of the regulars we never did like (Rick's wife is one, lol).

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@HappyDaze

lol! And I think the druggie son overdoes it as I, unfortunately, am quite familar with how druggies behave and he is a bit over the top. Oh and seems to act a bit like a Johnny Depp wannabe, no? Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

The genre of "zombies" has evolved. The two most popular shows that are on (One is ending in October and the next will then begin) Are not about blood and gore and token killings. They are telling the story of how humans react to the end of the world as they know it. How they deal with the outcome of what has happened to them or their family/friends. It  may be too much for you but it deserves credit for dealing with human drama and how man needs to survive.

How they deal with others who are alive is more crucial to the story then how the zombies.

Yes very good points. You know, I find I ask myself how I would react in the situations they are in- like facing other humans that are violent and are fully intent on killing you, etc. I have found out some interesting things about myself I didn't know, lol.

Honored Contributor

It's probably not a genre that I would reach for, but 'The Walking Dead' is such a great show that I'm glad to be able to watch it.  New season in October!  Smiley Happy

Am also watching the new companion series 'Fear The Walking Dead' but it's too soon to tell how good that one would be.  Same people doing it, though, so that's encouraging.  So far, so good.

I noticed that I didn't have a recording on my Tivo last night, though.  I hope the Tivo didn't mess up.  Sometimes Tribune Media has glitches in the programming info.  Will have to check that out.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

It's probably not a genre that I would reach for, but 'The Walking Dead' is such a great show that I'm glad to be able to watch it.  New season in October!  Smiley Happy

Am also watching the new companion series 'Fear The Walking Dead' but it's too soon to tell how good that one would be.  Same people doing it, though, so that's encouraging.  So far, so good.

I noticed that I didn't have a recording on my Tivo last night, though.  I hope the Tivo didn't mess up.  Sometimes Tribune Media has glitches in the programming info.  Will have to check that out.

There was not a new episode this past Sunday. The next new one is this coming Sunday. I guess with the holiday they chose not to chance viewership.