Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@Citrine1

I love Vampire movies as well. We both better watch ourselves though. it's a slippery slope to damnation.

LOL.  You're a riot!!  Now people will think we not only have a taste for flesh, but a taste for blood as well.  Hahahaha

Valued Contributor

I do so love me a good zombie!!  Especially when they spontaneously break into song and dance...  Man Very Happy

♫ Darkness falls across the land
The midnight hour is close at hand
Creatures crawl in search of blood
To terrorize y'all's neighborhood
And whosoever shall be found
Without the soul for getting down
Must stand and face the hounds of hell
And rrrrot inside a corpse's shell

The foulest stench is in the air
The funk of forty thousand years
And grizzly ghouls from every tomb
Are closing in to seal your doooom

And though you fight to stay alive
Your body starts to shiver
For no mere mortal can resist
The eviiiil of THE THRILLER

...haaaa haaaa haaaa haaaa

haaa haaa haa ha ha ha ha... ♫ 

Honored Contributor

Zombies aren't really the main draw in zombie tv shows or movies.  Many (maybe even most) feel they are only an interesting catalyst for bringing people together, for showing how characters learn to work together in disastrous situations, for being the standard "conflict" every story needs.  It could be zombies, it could be extreme weather, it could be a war, it could be anything.   They are a symbol of danger, of conflict.  To make a show popular, it needs more than zombies.  It needs relatable characters and good writing.

If nothing else, maybe thinking about zombies might get someone to keep his or her car's gas tank filled so the car would be ready for a real disaster!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

I saw my first "Fear the Walking Dead" 2 weeks ago but I haven't seen the other series yet.  I have always loved scary things and I thought the "Fear the Walking Dead" was fun. I do have to say that "mealtime" for the zombs grossed me out a bit.

Respected Contributor

We watch TWD and FearTWD.  My favorite show.  The story line and acting is great.  I am enjoying reading everyone's posts, especially those who don't watch it.

Honored Contributor

I love zombie movies. THe walking dead is one of my favorite tv shows of all times. So far I don't like Fear the walking dead because I think the acting is terrible and the teenage angst is frustrating and so typical "hollywood". I love the actors on TWD.

I can't stand chick flicks or reality tv and don't understand their draw but hey, to each their own!

Honored Contributor

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

Zombieland and 28 Days Later are favorite movies of mine, as well as I Am Legend.

I also like the spoof /comedy Shaun Of The Dead.

I was really into Walking Dead for awhile, but I've kind of let that go.  But I definitely see the attraction to these types of movies. 

Oh I LOVE Zombieland!! It was actually pretty funny too.

Respected Contributor

The genre of "zombies" has evolved. The two most popular shows that are on (One is ending in October and the next will then begin) Are not about blood and gore and token killings. They are telling the story of how humans react to the end of the world as they know it. How they deal with the outcome of what has happened to them or their family/friends. It  may be too much for you but it deserves credit for dealing with human drama and how man needs to survive.

How they deal with others who are alive is more crucial to the story then how the zombies.

Respected Contributor

Let me add that just because you do not like this genre does not give you the right to insult others that do. I bet I could mock some of the shows you may watch but that would be ignorant and childish and a waste of my time.

Esteemed Contributor

Worked with a Zombie at my last job...guy came to work and stared at his computer (FB, football pools, You tube) all day instead of doing his work.......