Honored Contributor

Re: Your favorite devotional

I love this thread! I'm getting some great ideas for new things to read. Thanks, Ladybug837, and all who are contributing.

These are my favorites right now. I've found many of the daily devotionals are available not only in print but also in email and/or apps:

The Upper Room

Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy

Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

A group of ladies from our church are currently studying "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" written by Joanna Weaver. This is an excellent study which is accompanied by a video for each lesson. The book is available from cbddotcom. You may want to check it out.

I have a lot of devotional books purchased over the years. My favorites are by Max Lucado, Chuck Swindoll and Rick Warren.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Valued Contributor

we subscribe to "Our Daily Bread" and in our weekly church bulletin, there are readings of the ones we hear at Mass each day --we can read the "notes" at the end I of each in the Bible---mine is on my Kindle
Valued Contributor

I also have some little meditation books: Daily Calm, Jesus Calling
Valued Contributor

.... and I love to pray the rosary and meditate
Respected Contributor

My favorite devotionals are reading Rumi and poems by Mary Oliver.