Super Contributor

Do you have a favorite devotional book? If so, what's the name of it and what is it about?

Super Contributor

Re: Your favorite devotional

Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Esteemed Contributor

Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. Inspiring devotional written by a knowledgeable scholar. Current.

I also read Chuck Swindoll's nighttime devotional. Brief, but always gives me a lot to think about.

Ladybug, do you have a favorite devotional?

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Oh my, I have so many. I have some I refer to often that I have had for years and I do a lot of devotions online now. I like just about anything Billy Graham or Chuck Swindoll. Others would be Streams In The Desert, My Utmost For His Highest, and Our Daily Bread to mention a few.

Honored Contributor

""Daily Word""

Esteemed Contributor

New Day, New You by Joyce Meyer

Super Contributor

Yes, I have a daily devotional flip calendar called The Grace of Encouragement with excerpts from Charles Swindoll. Each day has a quote from one of his books along with a corresponding passage from the Bible. I also read the book My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers. My dad gave it to me when I was 23 and going through a difficult time. Every morning he would spend time reading the daily message and then study the Bible verse. It gave him strength and he thought I should have my own copy. In addition to always being the appropriate message for the day, it is one of my most cherished possessions. His inscription to me reads "A gift to our dear daughter for guidance in your life and to help you handle both the trials and joys." Over the years, it has done both.

Valued Contributor

Our Daily Bread, anything by Joyce Meyer and Max Lucado. The best bible studies I've participated in have been my Adam Hamilton.

Every perfect gift is from above.
Honored Contributor

Two Minutes with The Bible by C. R. Stam

It's available in book form, but you can also have a daily email sent to your inbox by contacting https://www.bereanbiblesociety.org/category/two-minutes-with-the-bible/

Frequent Contributor

"One God, One Plan, One Life", Max Lucado. "Trusting God, Day By Day", Joyce Meyer. I also have many others by these authors.