Esteemed Contributor

Re: You see me walking down the street wearing a pair of Rykas ...

We are a tourist state and most of them dress well and wear comfortable shoes.  Most people understand why.  I gave up my white ones for some of the cute colored ones.  The mesh ones are great for summer and so light.  

Good walking shoes will never be out of STYLE.  It just depends on what you are doing.

If you are at Disney....guess what everyone else is wearing????? 

Honored Contributor

When I am out walking you can't miss me.I am the old one in all of the brights that were supposed to be so summer trending but really just say what the hey??I believed in the trend and went with it and now I am the odd bright force in the pastel world.I think it will be great if you wear your rykas and I will be watching for you.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

When I am out walking you can't miss me.I am the old one in all of the brights that were supposed to be so summer trending but really just say what the hey??I believed in the trend and went with it and now I am the odd bright force in the pastel world.I think it will be great if you wear your rykas and I will be watching for you.

I'm walking with you in the bright colors. I don't care for pastels. Woman LOL

It's very easy to find comfortable shoes that are also stylish. Ryka makes some cute shoes as does skechers and vionics 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Ryka and love the NON-memory foam shoes..........they provide support and also so comfortable (QVC's do run small and I had to go up a size).  

I went to the grocery store today and couldnt tell you what kind of shoes anyone was wearing .....it doesnt matter! 

Maybe if people concentrated on comfort instead of uncomfortable but stylish shoes, they would have less foot, knee, and hip issues....JMHO...our workplace is totally casual now so I can wear my Ryka's to work with my jeans Woman Very Happy  I do have various styles of Ryka. ..I do wear dressy shoes for special occasions, ....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Folks-wear whatever your heart desires.  Nobody is looking at you and thinking "old lady".   One thing I always remember is that I'm just not that important to think I'm being sized up by the world. LOL

I don't own Ryka but I wear Vionics to the gym and when I'm out an about I carry Vera Bradley bags.

Be comfortable and happy with what you have; and if you hesitate to buy an item then that is a major red flag that you won't be happy with that purchase.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

If you don't feel like yourself, or good, while wearing them then put them away. They'll be there when you're a senior. 

Every shoe others call ugly here, I tend to like, but there are some ugly Rika. (I own one pair and it wasn't well designed.)

Valued Contributor

With so many people that have foot ailments, there's lots who wear sensible shoes. More probably judge shirts & outfits. 

Trusted Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I think sneakers are for comfort and athletics.  And athletics are cool!  (Actually, being comfortable is cool!)

I don't have any Rykas as the ones I've tried on didn't feel right on me, but I love my old Chuck Taylors with Superfeet insoles.  I could wear them all day

@QueenDanceALot...I haven't had a pair of Chucks in a while, but I love my Superfeet insoles! They're the best for my feet. I wouldn't have thought to put them in a pair of Converse! I will have to try.

Honored Contributor

@daisyk wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I think sneakers are for comfort and athletics.  And athletics are cool!  (Actually, being comfortable is cool!)

I don't have any Rykas as the ones I've tried on didn't feel right on me, but I love my old Chuck Taylors with Superfeet insoles.  I could wear them all day

@QueenDanceALot...I haven't had a pair of Chucks in a while, but I love my Superfeet insoles! They're the best for my feet. I wouldn't have thought to put them in a pair of Converse! I will have to try.

They changed my world!

Honored Contributor

At my age (over 50) I am not going to worry about what others think about I wear. I don't own Rykas, but I wear Keds sneakers which I have loved since I was a kid. I have Naturalizer and Life Stride shoes which are very comfy.  I also own a few shoes with higher heels and wedges. I wear what works with my outfit and what my needs are that day. Love having a variety of shoes in my closet!