Honored Contributor

Re: You know summer is over when...

When you don't see a kid outside past 6:30 because they're having dinner and getting ready to take a bath.

Respected Contributor

Kids return to school and football starts. Love Fall!

Respected Contributor

It aint over til' the fat lady sings.

Honored Contributor

When it's spider season in my house. Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

In Albuquerque, it's the Balloon Fiesta.  Just 48 days to go.

Bees

But Game 7 of the World Series makes it official.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Frequent Contributor

The lifeguards pack up and leave.  Students returning to class, colleges, etc.  The school section in Walmart set up with offerings of pens, pencils, notebooks... The shadows creeping ever so slowly in our home where so much sunshine used to glow.  Fall / Winter are not good times for this poster, but got to stay positive.  

Esteemed Contributor

When morning traffic is back at its best

Respected Contributor

I didn't read all the posts......but where I live in PA, the deer in the woods are very reddish-orangy brown during the summer.....last night, there were six in my yard....they are already turning the dark brown-grey of winter....and there were two bucks....a sign of fall.....

The field behind my house has a golden cast to it.....no longer the green of summer....and the apple trees are LOADED with apples this year.....I will be making applesauce with my riding mower if and when I mow again......

Even though PA has been on the news with terrible flooding in the central and eastern parts, where I live we have not gotten useful rain since sometime in July (NW part of state) everything is bone dry...no mowing needed.....

Fall is really nice here, but I really hate the thought of winter....Some years winters are "short" but it only seems that way AFTER the winter is over....when you're in it, it drags on forever.....

O well. The older I get, the faster the seasons go.....

Honored Contributor

Yesterday I checked the times for sunrises and sunsets for the week and I see a pattern.  The sun is rising later and setting earlier.  The days are getting shorter.

It's happening pretty quickly.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

When I look longingly at my fall and winter sweaters.

Irish Blessing
May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
The foresight to know where you're going, And the insight to know when you've gone too far.