Honored Contributor

Re: You have to laugh or take a stiff drink

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@chrystaltree  If the roof of the woman's house was blown off while she was making Carla's lemon bars she would have called and yipped because she wasn't warned. There are cookbooks,computers, libraries. family, friends and neighbors to find recipes. Unless she was housebound with no contact with the outside world she could have gotten a recipe, even Carla's. 

A tornado went thru here and we were 1/2 away a few years ago, my life and that of my family is worth more than any recipe.

Well, that's YOU isn't it?   You can't decide what another person's priorities should be.  And there is no right or wrong in something like this.  Some people like their regularly scheduled programs.  There are billions of people in this world and they get to decide for themselves what they like and don't like.   

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I’m not sure why someone cares about a soap opera being preempted – come back in a month and it will have the same storyline. It’s not like you missed anything 😂

You can say the same thing about QVC.  So, why do people watch?

Respected Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I’m not sure why someone cares about a soap opera being preempted – come back in a month and it will have the same storyline. It’s not like you missed anything 😂

Heck you can come back in a year and the same stuff will be going on.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@bikerbabe  @reiki604   You are probably right. Haven't watched a soap in 40 yrs. Although they are still popular I can't imagine they have changed much.  All I remeber is there was always a twin, someone dead came back,  you find out your sister is really your Mother, a baby with choice of possible Dads, brides making googly eyes at the best man etc.

I finally gave up as entertaining as they could be. My sister-in-law and I used to laugh about how tame our lives were.