Honored Contributor

Re: You Know You're Getting Older When ...

@catchersmom wrote:

@Moonchilde Thought of you and this thread this morning lol....

When I first wake up and come downstairs I have to go down the stairs sideways; legs and feet too stiff at first. I tell others it was from my years of playing tennis and being a catcher in softball; sounds so much more impressive than "I'm getting old and my legs don't wake up when the rest of me does" Smiley Wink

I can totally relate, @catchersmom. In the morning, my feet and ankles are the most painful part of me. When I was working and going down a steep dark flight of stairs to my car every morning, I too would sometimes have to do the sideways thing :-(

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@excpa wrote:

You get requests from charities to include them in your will.  

Really?

@excpa

So do I, it's not uncommon. PBS is one that requests endowments in wills.  

Many churches also suggest it.

I get requests from the Aquarium all the time, as well as PBS, and animal charities too. They don't look people up by worth and target them, the companies who do this send the same message to everyone who donates. They don't know who might be able to do it and who couldn't. Doesn't hurt to try ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@excpa wrote:

You get requests from charities to include them in your will.  

Really?

@excpa

So do I, it's not uncommon. PBS is one that requests endowments in wills.  

Many churches also suggest it.

I get requests from the Aquarium all the time, as well as PBS, and animal charities too. They don't look people up by worth and target them, the companies who do this send the same message to everyone who donates. They don't know who might be able to do it and who couldn't. Doesn't hurt to try ;-)

Right, @Moonchilde  A lot of people just don't think about it until they get a request, or they don't have relatives to leave their assets to.  Children's hospitals also reach out.  I think it's a good idea.