Honored Contributor

Re: You Go Boy ~ You Did it!!!

Amazing!

Thumbs Up Emoticon - Beautiful Emoji Queen Duvet, transparent png download

Honored Contributor

A passenger who successfully landed a plane traveling from the Bahamas to Florida after the pilot passed out is pictured, right, with Robert Morgan, an air traffic controller who helped guide him during the flight

PICTURED: Passenger who landed plane in Florida without any training after pilot passed out | Daily ...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

My dad was a private pilot and I flew with him a lot.  He showed me everything about flying and landing a plane but never wanted to get a license or fly a plane.  Even knowing all that, I don't think I could have stayed calm enough to recall what to do!  That landing was amazing!

Respected Contributor

I saw that. I can't believe how calm he stayed. Boy, I don't know about the rest of you, but my pants would be wet or worse. 

Honored Contributor

Air traffic control was guiding him so he didn't do all on his own.  But he did have the mental strength and composure to stay calm and follow directions.  It's  likely he had been in the cockpit before so he was familiar the feel of it.

Esteemed Contributor

It's happened before - don't you recall?  Congratulations to him tho.

Trusted Contributor

God was his co-pilot for sure!  Well done!