Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@ECBG 

This made me laugh remembering a QVC item from many, many years back that kept returning year after year.

I think it was listed as a "heathered pantsuit" but, as I recall, it looked like sweat pants and bottoms.  It's been so long ago, my memory fails me.

But....that thing would never die...I think one time we calculated it had been in the system close to 6 years or more.

Every time it surfaced, everyone got a good laugh.

They did the same with a washable suede blazer that originally came in a bunch of colors.

Jessica something was the brand and that baby hung on "til the cows came home" for sure Cat LOL

@Witchy Woman  - OMG I'm laughing so hard about the "heathered pantsuit." I was going to post the same thing, along with the Denim & Co Barn Jacket that was being shown for many years. I once ordered some garment that had been hanging around for quite a long time, and when I got it, it stunk from mold. It must have been growing in the warehouse for years!

Don't you wonder what happened to the Heathered Pantsuit??

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

There have been great sales.  I have had quite a few deliveries from J. Crew and Anthropologie.  The big Nordstrom sale is coming next month also.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Yo, what gives?!

[ Edited ]

Yo, @Witchy Woman -- I still own and wear that Jessica Holbrook suede jacket.    It fits me well and still looks good.  And I've washed several times.   Never lost a button or ripped a seam.  I thought it would get me thru one or two autumns for the price, but I've worn it for over 12 years now.  Maybe longer.  You certainly can't get that quality on any QVC brands now. 

(I don't remember the heathered pantsuit, but do remember a faux fur collared coat by Susan Graver that wouldn't go away)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunala 

I'm so happy to know there is another member of the "heathered pantsuit" club.  Gosh, that has been a long, long time back!

I guess they finally either sold them all or donated to charity.  I cannot even remember what it looked like, but there was always a lively discussion when it came around.

Jessica Holbrook!  Yes, that was the line.  Some very nice things...but they were selling them long, long after the brand had left the building.  There was much complaining about the lining "sagging" when one washed the blazer, but I never bought one.  

At that time, all the shopping channels were awash in suede and I bought way too much!  

All of it donated long ago except for one black suede jacket that has crystal buttons.  I wear it about once a year when we go to a concert.

Cannot remember the last time I had it on!

Oh, and that D&C "barn" jacket in denim lives on in my back coat closet.  It's starting to fray, so I may have to get rid of it, but it has held up.

Long live the heathered pantsuit!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo 

I agree that the Jessica H. line was very nice.  

I'm happy you got lots of wear out of yours.

As I mentioned in another post, I still have that D&C barn jacket.  I have no idea how old it is....20 years maybe?

I buy so little now and still have a closet full of things I don't wear.  

Once I retired, I really got rid of most of my work cloths, and now, I just don't get dressed up that often.

Still trying to streamline my closet after 10 years of retirement!

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@sunala 

I'm so happy to know there is another member of the "heathered pantsuit" club.  Gosh, that has been a long, long time back!

I guess they finally either sold them all or donated to charity.  I cannot even remember what it looked like, but there was always a lively discussion when it came around.

Jessica Holbrook!  Yes, that was the line.  Some very nice things...but they were selling them long, long after the brand had left the building.  There was much complaining about the lining "sagging" when one washed the blazer, but I never bought one.  

At that time, all the shopping channels were awash in suede and I bought way too much!  

All of it donated long ago except for one black suede jacket that has crystal buttons.  I wear it about once a year when we go to a concert.

Cannot remember the last time I had it on!

Oh, and that D&C "barn" jacket in denim lives on in my back coat closet.  It's starting to fray, so I may have to get rid of it, but it has held up.

Long live the heathered pantsuit!

@Witchy Woman  - taking a tour through my third closet I hardly ever visit, I found three Jessica Holbrook suede jackets. I swear, two of them look brand new, and the black one just looks dusty. The two I hardly wore were the salmon color and the chestnut brown. They are so pretty. I will try them on when I'm wearing underwear Woman LOL and hopefully they will still be in style and will still fit me. I bet these are close to 20 years old!

OMG you have the barn jacket?? Is it plaid or solid color? I think Susan Graver made a barn jacket too. I have a load of her clothing in my attic, folded up and probably in perfect condition. I used to wear her "sueded silk" poly that came in a big shirt, a vest, slacks, and several other pieces. I always bought the red, the teal, the purple, the black, and others. Whatever she made, I bought. Those are probably 25 years old or more, and if not for the wide shoulders with shoulder pads, I probably could still wear them. Oh the good old days...

Esteemed Contributor

@sunala 

I actually had 2 of the D&C barn jackets, but only one remains in my closet and that is medium blue denim with a brown corduroy color.

The black denim one was accidently left at a class I was taking and, when I called about it, seems it was gone.  Maybe someone thought it was worth taking  Cat LOL

I have washed it several times and, to be sure, it looks pathetic...but, what do I care?  It serves the purpose of a jacket to knock around in when the weather turns cool.

I'm pretty ruthless when getting rid of clothing and it's only been the pandemic that has slowed me down.  Many of my donation spots have been closed and now are taking limited donations.

Enjoy your jackets.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Yo?  Who talks like that.

Rocky?

Esteemed Contributor

It seems to be Susan Graver Day in lunchtime specials.  I don't think there's a barn jacket. 

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 

@rms1954 wrote:

Yo?  Who talks like that.

A person from Philly.   Like Rocky Balboa?

Yo is an
English slang interjection, commonly associated with North American English. It was popularized by the Italian-American community in Philadelphia , Pennsylvania , in the 1940s'

Stay safe. Stay home.”

~Put food in front of me, and I will eat it.~

F47CF3D6-D618-435B-B766-A325BD755420.gif