Super Contributor

If you have Humana Insurance and have the $75 quarterly allowance, they also have the disposable and cloth masks.   Disposable are 10 to a package and you can order 3 per quarter...The cloth masks are 3 to a package.  I have ordered both and they should arrive shortly..They also have gloves that I ordered in April along with thermometer (which you no longer can get)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Humana Insurance / Masks

[ Edited ]

@89135 wrote:

If you have Humana Insurance and have the $75 quarterly allowance, they also have the disposable and cloth masks.   Disposable are 10 to a package and you can order 3 per quarter...The cloth masks are 3 to a package.  I have ordered both and they should arrive shortly..They also have gloves that I ordered in April along with thermometer (which you no longer can get)

@89135 

Is this Humana as primary insurance, or as Medicare supplemental insurance?  Asking because I have the Humana supplemental and haven't heard anything from them re masks, gloves, etc.

What is the $75 quarterly allowance?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoesnbags....This is my Humana Medicare Advantage Plan...I have HMO Plan H6622-056...That plan offers a quarterly allowance of $75 for over the counter drugs and supplies which also shows on the website and a booklet they send...They offer alot of items and just lately showed masks being offered.  Maybe not all plans offer this. Dont know..Maybe go online and check your plan or call Humana. I kinda don't think the supplemental insurance is the same as the advantage plans..

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the reply @89135 .  We have different types of Humana insurance.  But I'll check mine anyway.  They have sent me quite a few emails since the Corona mess began, and I have probably not read them as carefully as I should.  Maybe it's time to go back and check to see if there is anything I missed. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Super Contributor

@Cakers3. I always order under the $75 so I pay nothing....You get up to $75 for basically free..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have Humana medicare advantage and they sent me 2 cloth masks a few days ago; they seem pretty sturdy but are lime green with their logo on them....
The quarterly allowance is not part of my plan; I have the PPO. DH gets free things from a catalog monthly via Aetna.

Esteemed Contributor

@89135 

My two Humana masks came this week. They are very soft  and say that they can be washed 30 times. Not bad for a freebie!  Only thing I don't like is that there is no pocket for a filter, but I'll keep one in the car as a backup.  have Humana as the supplement to my Medicare, not the Advantage plan.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess @shoesnbags  I also got the green face masks..Humana sent those to everyone whether on the Advantage or Supplement plans...I also received the cloth ones (2 black ones) and disposable ones from the $75 allowance they give you every quarter from my Advantage Plan...They are also very nice..You never know how long this dumb virus is going to last.