Honored Contributor

Re: Yikes, 4th Of July Is A Week From Tomorrow

I dread it due to the fireworks. I think the dog is louder. My poor ears. I can hear the noise even with ear plugs in.

Esteemed Contributor

@Travone  Thanks. 

Will see what happens.  

Respected Contributor

I now look at it as part of my daughter's birthday!  She was born close to midnight on July 2nd.  I was late, and my doctor said he would have me in on July 4 for delivery.  So I just kind of slipped under the wire there!  I remember seeing and hearing the fireworks from my hospital room.

Even my daughter kind of looks at July 4 as part of her birthday.

It was a nice holiday, as I have always been patriotic.

Hyacinth

Valued Contributor

I agree, time sure is flying by. I can live without the fireworks. People around here start shooting them off a few days before the 4th until a few days after. Poor pets. Even the town’s display is no big deal.

I love everything else about the 4th though, especially the true meaning, and the cookouts, and getting together with friends and family.
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

You were reading my mind.  People have been reminding me several times last weekend that the 4th is coming up now!  I have been relishing that summer has arrived and now with the 4th I am saddened because psychologically I feel summer is half over.  I know its in my head but ....  I want to enjoy each season, especially the beauty of nature.

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma.  I feel for you as have friends whose dogs fear firework noise and thunder. ******zu and Great White Pyrenees so size of the dog doesn't seem to matter. One GFs DH stayed home with their dog while we went to fireworks.  My friends Great White hides in tbe bath tub. Cats also hide. I have been lucky that my dogs over my lifetime haven't been afraid of noise. I hope the noise is over quickly for you this year.

Honored Contributor

In our area people have been doing fireworks since last weekend already!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

In our area people have been doing fireworks since last weekend already!

@CANDLEQUEEN  They started doing them here last night. Of course it was when I was watching something I really wanted to see. Thankfully it didn't last too long but it was long enough.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

The pill next door will be setting off a couple hours worth of fireworks.  Last year it was 10pm to midnight, then he shoots his guns for good measure.

My poor cats were not happy. We closed the windows, turned the TV up hoping it muffled the booming.  Cats were under the couch cowering for hours.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 : My neighbor across the street uses fireworks all the time. Started in January and on and off this week . DH has PTSD.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is going off topic