Esteemed Contributor

Yikes, 4th Of July Is A Week From Tomorrow

This is what happens when you are retired and don't have a ton going on........things sneak up on you.

Respected Contributor

Re: Yikes, 4th Of July Is A Week From Tomorrow

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I can't wait for this holiday,reason being I have a day off pd from both jobs!

Honored Contributor

Hope they're too expensive for the common man to afford this yr. Suppose to be a shortage, thank heavens.

Idiots around me start a day early go a day after the 4th. Just go to the city sponsored  ones and save money.

Honored Contributor

My city has a parade to celebrate.  Fireworks show was eliminated due to budgetary restrictions.

Esteemed Contributor

The pill next door will be setting off a couple hours worth of fireworks.  Last year it was 10pm to midnight, then he shoots his guns for good measure.

My poor cats were not happy. We closed the windows, turned the TV up hoping it muffled the booming.  Cats were under the couch cowering for hours.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 At the sound of the first gunshot, I would have the police on their way. Any bullet that goes up has got to come down. His behavior is beyond reckless. My friend's house burned from their neighbor setting off fireworks. I have zero tolerance for inconsiderate, criminal behavior.

Esteemed Contributor

City of Phoenix has already canceled some shows. I'm also hoping they are to expensive for people to buy. Last year we had one neighbor that must have spent $500 or more on them because they kept going off all night. The only break we got was when he had to take a break to probably go to the bathroom.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

The pill next door will be setting off a couple hours worth of fireworks.  Last year it was 10pm to midnight, then he shoots his guns for good measure.

My poor cats were not happy. We closed the windows, turned the TV up hoping it muffled the booming.  Cats were under the couch cowering for hours.

In Arizona we have a tracking system that spots gunfire. The police will come and haul you into jail if you are caught. It called Shannon's Law after a girl was hit and killed by random gunfire on the 4 th of July.

Honored Contributor

Yup....  This is why I don't rush through life and holidays.  I enjoy them as they come.  Making blueberry connlet  to go with vanilla ice-cream for the BBQ at my daughter's house.  

Respected Contributor

I also can't believe it's going to be J4 already. Half this year is behind us. When young and working, I couldn't wait for time to pass to the next weekend, or holiday. Now, being retired, I just want it to slow down. 

Last night someone in my hood was testing out their fireworks in advance of the 4th. It was 11PM. I wasn't expecting fireworks. For a moment I thought it was gun shots, until I saw a bottle rocket light up the sky. Now I'm worried about the 4th. With our extreme drought, we don't need fireworks. We need a rain dance, instead.