Respected Contributor

Re: Yesterday Was my 7 Month Anniversary for my Knee Replacement ~~

((hugs)) magenta and take good care of yourself.

Sounds as if you had a lovely time in Sarasota, which I've heard is a lovely place....

PS, sfnative, so sorry to hear you have had a setback and hope you are feeling better soon with the therapy.

Super Contributor

Congratulations to you ! Glad you are doing so well! June 4th, Wednesday was my one year anniversary ---having had Bilateral( both) total knee replacement.What a year! My life is so different now. Pain is no longer a part of my life! What life giving surgery knee replacement is! Just amazing!
Super Contributor

I am happy you have healed well and are doing great. Blessings to you.

Super Contributor

sfnative,

I am so sorry what happened to you as I have never heard of this before. It must be an awful disappointment, but hope with the training and doing exercising there is still a chance for improvement if not healing all together. Again, I am so very sorry and wish you all the best Hugs, Liesbeth!!!

To everyone,

Thanks so very much for your congratulations to my good health. On the day after the surgery I was given a cane, and just walked away toward my p.t. person at the end of the hallway and my sister behind me both checking out my gaite, and each was totally surprised with my walking so well. Never had the choice of a walker or cane, it was just assumed, as I had been named highly motivated (crawled out of bed for the 2nd time after surgery which I can't remember) but they felt I was the right candidate for this particular therapy. At home my sister (RN) advised me not to use the cane, but walk carefully through the place, which worked out well. Whenever I went to get my mail (and this was approved by the p.t. people) I would take my cane and attended a board meeting in my building after almost 2 weeks, which had someone say, there was nothing to it, look at her. Huh. It is a major surgery, but I had done nearly a year of exercises and had done water exercises for arthritis, so my body was in relatively good shape already.

The surgeon also had told me that after the surgery chances were that my other knee would be getting stronger too, and I have pain sometimes, but nothing to how bad it was in the past. If indeed that knee also needs a new knee, I have no qualms about it, to have that one done as well. However, I may choose a different time a year, as the extreme cold this year definitely affected the knee.

I am wishing everybody a great weekend, and if at any given time, you have questions, please post and I will do my best to answer them.

Take good care all, and many many hugs!!!

Liesbeth/magenta

Respected Contributor

So glad you are doing well, Magenta{#emotions_dlg.wub}