Respected Contributor

Re: 🐝Yellow Stripey Things🐝

Our bees are in trouble.  Please do not kill.  We need pollinators and many stinging insects provide other services for us, the humans who depend on nature.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love Bees....and Bumble Bees ----we can pet them.....awwwwwSmiley Wink

I'll let any yellow stripey thing land on me and I've never been stung....I think that they are just faking as tough guys.  We need to protect our bees.

Honored Contributor

@maximillian YES....we need to educate ourselves on how critcal they are to our survival.

@maximillian wrote:

Our bees are in trouble.  Please do not kill.  We need pollinators and many stinging insects provide other services for us, the humans who depend on nature.

Respected Contributor

Love the stripey things chart 🙂

The ones I like are the big black fuzzy ones that look too chubby to fly 🥰

cute !

Esteemed Contributor

I talk to them.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

It is true about bumble bees.  Can not believe I was this many years old before GS told me this.  Misspent childhood I guess.

Respected Contributor

I've been watching yellow jackets all summer "drinking" from the plate of water  I have out on my patio....(a charger plate that I place "my" feral cat's food on, I put water around it to keep out the ants and such...works like a charm).

The yellow jackets are so delicate when they drink....it's neat to watch.  And they never bother with the cat's food.  

Honored Contributor

Wasps love my barbeque grill. Every time I go to use it I find a small nest hanging inside the lid...with them inside it! So I have no choice but to turn on the heat and kill them...until next time when their buddies come back again and build a new nest...it never ends.