Super Contributor

I use Apple's mail app for both my Gmail and Yahoo emails. No problems and I have easy access to them. I do get emails from Yahoo about using and upgrading their app, which I ignore. 

Trusted Contributor

I've had yahoo as my email address since it started.  I pay $5 / month and it works well.  

Esteemed Contributor

In the business world yahoo and AOL email addresses "show your age".  It is recommended that you do not use these accounts when applying for jobs.  Other free email accounts such as Gmail would be better suited in those situations.  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

In the business world yahoo and AOL email addresses "show your age".  It is recommended that you do not use these accounts when applying for jobs.  Other free email accounts such as Gmail would be better suited in those situations.  

Very true.  LOL.  now I know why it's outdated. Looking up Gmail, most users are young.  The older you get, the more the users are AOL or Yahoo.  Most of those older users selected them at the beginning and simply stayed with them.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

As a person who interviews and hires people as part of my job with a large corporation, I disagree. I see all kinds of email providers on resumes daily, including aol, yahoo, gmail and specific providers like att.   I'm also not only looking for younger people but the best candidates, so there's that too.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Yahoo mail ?

[ Edited ]

Ok, i understand if someone is looking to make a new email account why they wouldnt just use gmail Google to create one. Using a current, simple, accesible  system.

That is very different than someone who has a perfectly good email account and saying they should no longer use it.

That is not something im going to do until it is shut down. It is stil lfree and works very well. No difference with any other server for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Yahoo does seems out of date. I never used it.  I use Gmail.  It's still free with no ads.  My husband has two of them.   Gmail and Yahoo.  I really hope it doen't change with Gmail and being charged.  I was curiious so I looked it up.  Gmail has l.8 Billion active users.  

@songbird 

I can't imagine why you'd think Yahoo is out of date.  How would you know if you've never used it??  I have Yahoo and husband has Gmail.  I often have to check his email for him and find Gmail irritating and not as intuitive as Yahoo.  I think whatever we use for email is just a matter of preference rather than one being "better" or more "up to date" than the other.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Very true.  LOL.  now I know why it's outdated. Looking up Gmail, most users are young.  The older you get, the more the users are AOL or Yahoo.  Most of those older users selected them at the beginning and simply stayed with them.

I use AOL, Yahoo and Gmail.  So where does that put me in the age spectrum?  And I wonder where are the demographics that show what percentage of Gmail users are "young"?  (And specifically which age bracket is considered young.)  As none of the email providers I use require me to supply my age, how would they know?

Anyone who would judge someone on which email provider s(he) uses isn't someone I'd want to work for anyway; very narrow-minded.

Esteemed Contributor

@granddi wrote:

I have used the free version of Yahoo mail for years.

Recently, I always get "an offer" to upgrade-of course with a fee.

I always decline. But now I will be logged out within a few minutes. I constantly have to re-log in. 

Am I going have to giveup my free yahoo and pay the fee?

@granddi 

I have Yahoo mail and get those upgrade messages sometimes, but I just ignore them.  There's been no change whatsoever in my Yahoo mail - no logging out or anything else. I'm totally satisfied and have no plans to change anything.

I think you have a problem totally unrelated to the sales pitches for upgraded Yahoo.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

Have Juno, Yahoo, Hotmail and GMail. 

One is my email if you have my CC number on file to use.

One is for doing business and using Paypal or their Company's CC.

One is my "junk" acct when you have to use one to get the info you need.  Get lots of SPAM in this one.

One is just Medical and Financial business.  

Hate GMail.  PIA as far as I am concerned.  Don't usually use it! 

I have had a desktop PC and email since Juno was a "dial up."  Got a desktop, a laptop, 3 Fire 10s and 2 phones!  I use them all occasionally!