Honored Contributor

Just returned from a vacation through several states and even lots of supermarkets are doing CIJ - some with special offers and many more with barrels marked for CIJ food donations.

Honored Contributor

Re: Xmas in July

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

Just returned from a vacation through several states and even lots of supermarkets are doing CIJ ....

Really? Is the egg nog out too? 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

I ignore it and don't watch.  The holiday would be ruined for me if I paid attention to all the hype and salesmanship that goes on from now til December.  I turned on Q this morning (or was it last night) and saw Dan Hughes gushing over a lighted tree that could change colors.  I was embarassed for him; have to remember he's just trying to sell.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I dislike the "Xmas in July"  title.

It's Christmas.

I enjoy watching the holiday shows...because it's not the usual parade of jewelry, clothing, shoes, handbags, etc etc that seems to be on 24/7.

Hobby Lobby, Michaels, already have their extensive holiday items out....to include fall! School supplies will be over with in a few weeks, and guess what.........fall items will be out in Walmart and Target, never mind supermarkets.

We go through this every year, you would think folks would be used to this by now.

Respected Contributor

I for one cant wait for it to be over. Still selling the same things they had on 10 months ago and hawking the get one for your fill in the blank of all the people to buy for.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18