Trusted Contributor

Re: Wrongful death suit...really?

@SusieQ_2  ..... It appears the lawsuit was filed against the pilot's estate.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've started and stopped this several times.  I am rarely this close to being speechless. This thread is one of the saddest and most confusing ones I have ever seen here. I don't understand those who sit in judgement of how someone behaves or the choices they make while grieving.  May the Bryant family and the families of all involved in this crash find inner peace.

Esteemed Contributor

She lost her husband and child, in a most horrific way. I can't begin to imagine that level of grief she is experiencing, but thank goodness she has a good support system!

Having considerable wealth does not make her immune to  seeking justice for not only her family, but the other grieving families as well. It might very well prevent this sort of thing from happening again with this particular company, as previously noted by another poster.

There are undeniable facts that are known, but it is conceivable that there are facts the public is not privy to. Could mechanics have also been a factor in the crash at a pivotal moment, etc? The final investigation will prove and disprove some of the speculation. 

My heart still aches for them, and I send a prayer of strength and healing for ALL of the families involved. Vanessa has to care for her surviving children, including an infant, and needs all the prayer and support she can get--not scorn.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

So disappointed with this posting...really?

Lawsuits mean much more than money--they also create effective future policies and practices (e.g. no flying in bad weather).

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@SusieQ_2  ..... It appears the lawsuit was filed against the pilot's estate.

Thank you@Sheila P-Burg , that's interestingbut forgive me if I don't believe for even a second that any of us know, if the pilot is found at fault, who would bear the responsibility to pay. Again, so many different kinds of insurance come into play

It's also interesting to note that Zobayan was disciplined in 2015 for violating flying rules by traversing into areas with low visibility, according to TMZ Sports. 

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

May I ask @SydneyH , what fiasco are you referring to? The crash itself? The Memorial? Beyonce? The last two have nothing to do with the lawsuit at all.

My original post was pretty clear, I'm sorry if you are seeing something else that isn't there and I see no need to clarify.  

Honored Contributor

@Marp I am really not overly interested in what people here think of my thoughts.  And if anyone is, you shouldn't be.  I appreciate the advice but I'm pretty good with my words and I'll keep frivolous.  It fits my definition of my opinion perfectly.  I never had much tolerance for semantics.  

Esteemed Contributor

Don't you just love it when other posters not only tell you what you should think, but how you should word your own thoughts!

I disagree with some views here, and am shocked by some, but every poster is allowed to phrase their views the way they deem appropriate.

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Marp I am really not overly interested in what people here think of my thoughts.  And if anyone is, you shouldn't be.  I appreciate the advice but I'm pretty good with my words and I'll keep frivolous.  It fits my definition of my opinion perfectly.  I never had much tolerance for semantics.  

@Laura14,  I will most certainly keep that in mind when reading your posts.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Another aspect to keep in mind regarding the filing of the lawsuit and the monetary needs of the family.  When Mr. Bryant died his income stopped.  His career had not been planned to be over for that family for many years to come.  Including what he would have done in retirement years, such as as sports casting, lecturing ect.......  Mr. Bryant was working toward his wife and children's future but future generations as well. 

Mrs. Bryant may be in a very good financial situation in comparison to so many others, but there would have been more put into the Bryant Family finances if he had not been taken. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."