Honored Contributor

Re: Would You Want To

[ Edited ]

No.

Time has shown me that even when I was young and stupid I made wise choices that have given me a great life.  I have no regrets, nothing I'd want to do over, or do differently.   I'm in a better place than I could've even imagined.

Respected Contributor

Re: Would You Want To

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't change a thing, though my gratitude for coming through so far is humble, for events could have turned out very differently.. 

If I knew the future, I could have avoided some mistakes, but would not have learned as much as I did in life from making those mistakes.

Honored Contributor

@Burnsite As always, a concise and meaningful post.  So good to see you here.

Honored Contributor

I'd rather think about what I could change today and going forward.  Seems to me a far better use of my time and energy.  And unlike what I could change about the past, would help in in the future. 

Honored Contributor

@Burnsite   This is a paradigm in my life.  We are here to learn and evolve.  We are presented with life choices daily.  I review the day without judgement before going to sleep.  This practice helps me learn where I can improve in my life. Our mistakes provide us with the opportunity to grow.  I am creating my future by my current thoughts, words, actions.   

@Burnsite wrote:

If I knew the future, I could have avoided some mistakes, but would not have learned as much as I did in life from making those mistakes.

Honored Contributor

If I had changed course, I wouldn't have my kids and grandkids.

If I could still have my kids and grands, I would have gone to Law School and become an attorney for poor single parents. 

A lot of things didn't turn out like I wanted but that's life. The key is what you do with the bad, how your handle the negative things in life.