Honored Contributor

Re: Would Infidelity In Your Relationship, Be Forgiveable?

You cannot know for certain how you would react until you find yourself in that situation. Platitudes and psycho-babble mean nothing when you are faced with infidelity.   Also, forgiving the person and divorcing are different. One can happen without the other.

Frequent Contributor

This is a tough question and I don’t believe there’s one answer. I had a husband who did cheat. AT THE TIME I was hurt, angry... BUT I told him I wanted to fix things. And I did want that. His answer was no, as he’d chosen her over me. I was willing to forget and move on, back then. There was a lot to that decision though. We had a life together, we had fun together.. I didn’t want to lose that. In the end he did me a huge favor as I now have a better, happier life. Would my answer change now? Probably. I don’t know. I understand why some people say cheating is a deal breaker. Totally get that. But I also believe it’s really situational. And I wouldn’t tell someone they’re right or wrong for staying after their spouse cheats. There’s just no right or wrong answer here. Just my opinion.
Trusted Contributor

@SuhseK  No!