Honored Contributor

World Health Organization backs call to avoid ibuprofen for coronavirus

The announcement supported a recent statement by the French health minister that ibuprofen may worsen the effects of COVID-19 and should be avoided.

https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/World-Health-Organization-backs-call-to-avoid-ibuprofen-for-cor...

Honored Contributor

Re: World Health Organization backs call to avoid ibuprofen for coronavirus

That's to bad since I prefer aspirin or ibuprofen over tylenol.

I bought a couple bottles of gelcaps Tylenol but don't think it works well for much of anything. I'm sore all over with all the errands & stocking I did yesterday. I took a tylenol last night instead of aspirin or ibuprofen & I'm still aching. If I had taken the other this would be gone.

Honored Contributor

Lol now we can't even take anything for our headaches! This is getting bizarre. Not poopooing it. Just kind of throwing up my hands and laughing.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Lol now we can't even take anything for our headaches! This is getting bizarre. Not poopooing it. Just kind of throwing up my hands and laughing.

@Porcelain 

ITA. All I had was aspirin & ibuprofen so I had to buy tylenol which we don't ever use or like. The article states to use paracetamol aka acetaminophen or tylenol so that's what I will do. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Tylenol works best for me under most circumstances.  If there's inflammation - doc gives me prescription.   I have side effects to most OTC NSAIDS.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

I guess your post went poof. I read it. Was trying to heart your post but it went poof instead. LOL!!! I don't know what the big deal is about posting the article?

I will be taking an ibuprofen before I go to bed tonight.

I will take Tylenol if I get coronavirus. I prefer aspirin. I take 2 - 325 mg aspirin or 1 - 200 mg ibuprofen. Either takes care of any pain. Tylenol does not do anything for me.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Tylenol works best for me under most circumstances.  If there's inflammation - doc gives me prescription.   I have side effects to most OTC NSAIDS.

@ALRATIBA 

Me too, I had renal failure and congestive heart failure from taking Ibuprofen.

I was in ICU on dialysis for 30+ days, before my kidneys started to function again.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Spurt 

I guess your post went poof. I read it. Was trying to heart your post but it went poof instead. LOL!!! I don't know what the big deal is about posting the article?

I will be taking an ibuprofen before I go to bed tonight.

I will take Tylenol if I get coronavirus. I prefer aspirin. I take 2 - 325 mg aspirin or 1 - 200 mg ibuprofen. Either takes care of any pain. Tylenol does not do anything for me.

@Nightowlz 

I guess because I didnt notice it was copyrighted....sorry about that...you can find it by googling it...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Well, guess I am stuck!!  Always take Advil, but have backed off due heart issues.  And though Tylenol does nothing for me, I had decided to switch to Tylenol. 

Now...Tylenol not recommended if one has a case of Coronavirus, but not serious enough for the hospital.  What is left???