Honored Contributor

How are you acting/ feeling different during this time?

[ Edited ]

I see small things....

Last night I just felt sad... went to bed without supper. Unusual for me as I look forward to supper and never lose my appetite.    I just lose my appetite when sad.

I usually get up about 3:00 AM everyday.  This morning I slept in to about 6:30 AM.  Not normal for me at all... I woke up  from a bad dream actually... I was dreaming that I was late for work( I have been retired for 7 years) and was dreaming that I had to call my boss to explain why I was so late... THAT FEAR OF CALLING HIM woke me up!Woman LOL

I am kind of looking for symptoms now.  I NEVER get sick... and would know the moment I was coming down with something... so I kind of have this on the back of my mind now.  Worry about getting this virus. 

DH and I have been getting on each others nerves a bit more. Not totally unusual when both being retired we are with each other all the time, But, now that we are home much much more due to this virus, we are getting into little spats here and there over stupid things.   We get over it.. but, I can tell the bad news... the stock market loss.. etc is on our minds and we are stressed.

Honored Contributor

Re: How are you acting/ feeling different during this time?

I find it difficult to keep focused on any one task.  Hence, I'm not being very productive.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm being a bit lazier than normal. Can't go to the gym as it's closed. Husband is working from home and on the phone a lot so I have to be quite. I can walk outside but come April it will start getting to hot to do that. I've been making it a point of cleaning one room a day. 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden  you’re not alone, I’m also experiencing some of the same things. During the day I do okay But come night that’s a different story. I seem to wake up around 2 am and can’t go back to sleep. Stay healthy. I also need to stop watching the evening news.

Honored Contributor

I think stress effects each of us in different ways, actually i know it does, when i hear mixed messages as was just on tv ,i get upset, anxiety increases.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I can relate to your post and also have feelings of sadness and anxiety.  Actually this has happened only in the past few days.  

I am alone but keep in touch with family and friends, my support people.  I worry about myself getting sick but also am concerned about others.  It is kind of a hopeless feeling because I do not have any control over my life as before.  I was always out and about and now am isolated to an extent in my home.  

I know I can't give up hope of something positive happening and I hang on that.  It is fear of the unknown because no one knows when a cure will be available. no one seems to have a handle on this virus and that in itself is scary.

Everyone is affected no matter where you live or what you believe, we are in this together.  It is uncharted territory and we must stand together and help each other get through this crisis.  I do not listen to negative people, gloom and doom people, those who don't know what they are talking about.  I try to have a clear head and common sense. I hope, SeaMaiden you and I can find a peace of mind place as difficult as they might be.  We aren't alone.

Honored Contributor

I definitely don't feel like myself...that's for sure. 

Respected Contributor

I feel very unsettled!  I am still going to work.  Lots of people here wearing masks. None of my coworkers are in the last few days.  They all opted to stay home.  I have responsibilities that require my physical presence.  I am super careful with hand hygiene and mostly use avoidance as my first line of defense.  Just don't touch anything public with a bare hand.  Use a glove, towel, tissue, etc.  My hands are so dry from washing.  I am worried about the toilet paper situation, about running out of hair dye, about my parents getting sick (dad has respiratory problems, I don't think he would survive it).  Worried I'll lose my job, my health insurance.  But at the same time, just trying to be normal.  I weirdly feel like crying at random times.  Sick of the news, yet can't stop watching and reading it.  Hope you all manage your stress and stay healthy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

ive been lazy and hard to focus!

and not feeling like accomplishing things even though I want to. i burst into tears a couple of times due to the buildup of stress and anxietys.

im concerned  for everyone .. im trying to get motivated to get things done. i spend too much time watching the news and all about the virus!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

High anxiety here.