Trusted Contributor

Hi Everyone! Happy New Year--it's been months since I've been on this forum. I've been busy with work and it doesn't help that I need to get a new laptop. Anyway, my Bday is approaching and I was thinking of something new and different to do. It has to involve shopping for me to fully enjoy it, so maybe going to the Woodbury Common Outlet will fit the bill. I've been curious about that place since I saw it in a magazine back in 2001. Have any of you ever been there? I'm in NYC so it isn't much of a detour.

TIA and nice to see you allSmiley Happy

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

The Outlet center is huge, in recent years it was increased by at least 25%, I was there in 2016.

It is a fun outing but the prices are really no better than a good sale.

I do like the Coach store and I know that the style are made for the outlets

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Welcome back and yes I do remember you.  I have never heard of Woodbury but just went and checked out their website and looks like a great place to spend a birthday.

Buy something wonderful!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Contributor

Hi I love that outlet I haven't been in a few years but it is one of my favorites. Happy Bday and enjoy.

Honored Contributor

Do I need to add Woodbury to my must-do list while in NYC in October? Still putting our itenirary together.

Contributor

wrote:

Do I need to add Woodbury to my must-do list while in NYC in October? Still putting our itenirary together.

Only if you planned on going up to NY State and wanted to shop. 

Honored Contributor

@JBKO,

Treat yourself to something nice at the Outlet, and,

https://tkey.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Happy_Birthday_to_you.gif

Honored Contributor

Welcome back @JBKO and Happy Burthday. I often went to Woodbury Common to shop. My only issue was that a lot of the stores had made for the outlet merchandise and the quality was different.

It's worth a try, though. Just expect to spend time getting a parking space...

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@OKPrincess It would be quite a ride from New York City... 

Respected Contributor

This is a very nice outlet.  It is quite a hike for me (about 5 hour drive), but I still go every couple of years . . . just coz I can.   I particularly like the Dooney outlet.  They have plenty of high end outlets that still are very pricey indeed. 

Last time I was there, they had a new food court -- lots of good fast food choices.

It is outside -- you park on the "outside" of the mall then walk into courtyards and open air corridors.  

There are posted bus stops for buses that travel from someplace in NYC.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York