Regular Contributor

Wondering if I got someone’s return

Finally received my order of Skechers GO step Lite -Slip -On shoes, but not packaged in a regular Skechers shoe box.  Shipped from Ontario warehouse in a Q plastic bag ( the blue lettering kind ) and shoes boxed in a flip open plain brown type shoe box . Has the Q logo on box. Tissue paper stuffed in toes and each shoe was somewhat wrapped in tissue.     I find it strange that they would not come in a SKECHER shoebox and was wondering if this was a QV C's Covid19 way of accepting returns and then reselling . 

Wondering if this has happened to anyone else?.. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wondering if I got someone’s return

[ Edited ]

I received my Cloudsteppers TSV in March, and they were brand new with the same type of packaging. I'm not familiar with their normal packaging for comparison😊.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

Something similar happened to me.  I orderd an Isaac Mizrahi top, and it was obviously someone's return--it was washed and smelled very strongly of Downy detergent, and it was shrunk.  I was disgusted, and I hope I will get a replacement that is new.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Are the shoes worn or new?

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have gotten a regular QVC shoe box instead of a brand box a few times.  I honestly couldn't tell if the shoes themselves were returns or not.  They didn't appear to be worn.

Do your shoes look like they have been worn?

If you are concerned they might be returns and are worried about Covid, I would return them as being defective with a note siting your concerns.

Trusted Contributor

Never received damaged packaging from QVC and/or the item is not new.

If I ever receive something similiar as the OP did, I would pack them and send them back.

I order new items and not as is!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Regular Contributor

@geezerette @San Antonio Gal  They don't appear to be worn, but the way they were only partially wrapped in what looks like reused tissue ( corner of one sheet torn) and piece loose in box ) leafs me to believe a someone's return.   I like the shoes otherwise. 

I've bought my fair share of shoes from the Q and never not received in the brand box. 

Regular Contributor

Oops.  Was suppose to read.....    Leads me to believe is someone's return 

Trusted Contributor

Since others have had the same experience I'm wondering if they are shipping them like this to lower shipping costs.

Esteemed Contributor

I have received used items over the years several times.  It's quite frustrating.  That's why I stopped ordering clothing "as is".  One time I got a pair of dress shoes and they were loose in the box, no wrapping and they were filthy!  Obviously had been worn for 29 days out of the 30 then returned.  Another time was a pair of Laurie Felt jeans, dirty and smelled!  Also tissue wrapped but with the wrinkled torn tissue paper!  And that was ordered as a "new" item.  They must think we're stupid but you can certainly tell when something has been actually worn and not just maybe tried on!   These items are not inspected properly when they are returned.