Honored Contributor

Re: Wonderful--Free Testing and Food Security

My tax dollars were buying people free cell phones when I didn't even have one.
I never had children and really don't want to be feeding other people's unless I do so with voluntary donations
Esteemed Contributor

It's sad to see such hatred and disdain for those who are less fortunate.

I guess some people prefer to let the most innocent, children, just starve.

What cold, callous "hearts", they have.

It's better that they should die, than be given a meal.

After all, it's not like that child will ever amount to anything, right?

They are nothing more than a drain on society.

Don't bother trying to prove me wrong.

The attitudes that I have seen here, speaks volumes.

I would say that they should be ashamed of themselves, but I think that they are incapable of feeling shame.

When they're standing in front of the Pearly Gates, they will have to answer for their attitudes towards the less fortunate, and face His judgement, and it just might not be what they're expecting.

I'm done with this thread, and hope that a mod shuts it down.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819   Amen.

Some apparently have never known an empty stomach.

The old "my tax dollars" is just drivel. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

The old "hatred" card being played again. I think those people "hate" a lot more than those they accuse of hatred. 😝
Honored Contributor

I think people should not have children they can't afford to feed. It's called being responsible.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
I think people should not have children they can't afford to feed. It's called being responsible.

Life is not that simple @Pearlee, loss of a job, low wages, illness, natural disasters. divorce, death and the list goes on.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

Bill to go through house.  I don't know about sick days.

I think its great. There are impovershed people who cannot afford to miss work if they are sick. Who will go to work even if they are sick in order to put food on the table and pay the electric bill with food, but I pay taxes and its good with me.

We have no idea how some people have to live, the choices they must make. And no, its not all brought on by bad decisions. There is a very large segment of society who are the working poor.

Also, some folks get some really crappy breaks in life and are doing the best they can.

My main worry is keeping my folks from going to wal mart, making sure they have everything they need and want from town. And its turning into a full time job, lol. Its nothing compared to what many are grappling with and I knwo it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I pay my taxes and I expect to see a return on that investment. Some of that money better be used to feed hungry kids. Maybe some like the idea of more Oliver Twists in the world.

Amen sister!

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Life is not that simple @Pearlee, loss of a job, low wages, illness, natural disasters. divorce, death and the list goes on.

@Pearlee, have you never had a catastrophe? Where you needed help?

I want to help folks. And believe me, I am so saint.

Honored Contributor

@Happycat1 All those school children being fed two meals a day in schools throughout cities cannot be children of parents who have had a catastrophe or have temporarily fallen on hard times.
I have worked very hard for my income and the one time I needed financial help when I was much younger I got a loan and paid it back monthly until it was paid off, by working. Nobody in my family or in families where I was raised expected the government to feed their children. It was shameful in fact back then to be "on the dole." We weren't raised to think the government would support us. We were raised to go to school, do our school work and graduate, and then work for a living.