Honored Contributor

WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU NOW... WHAT IS NOT IMPORTANT TO YOU?

Things important to me

My Skincare.... I am a skin care junkie.. Not A  makeup junkie...  hardly wear much makeup anymore... lipstick and mascara is just about all.... just  like good healthy looking skin and products that keep it that way.   Skincare  one area that I spend too much  money on probably.... Tattoos are a huge NO for me.  As are tans or any  tanning stains that they sell....   messy, smelly... just why?

my hair.... I want it healthy and looking nice when I go out.  But no coloring, no trendy fu fu fluffy "hair don't" .  Just natural healthy REAL hair.  Simple... not going to blow dry and curl and use all those appliances  that damage my hair.  Colored my hair for 30 years. NEVER AGAIN.

What I wear... I like to look nice, but, nothing too trendy... nothing garish or loud...no sparkle and shine. Clothes that fit and flatter whatever is going on with my figure at the time(LOL!) NO LOGO  EVER!!!!! Man Indifferent

My lifestyle      I like quiet... no parties, nothing loud.... no large crowds...   I will not drive far from home anymore....nothing that requires lots of planing. I like things simple... simple food,  less and less stuff... simple living.  Taking good care of myself and staying healthy as I can.  I love taking supplements... keeping up on the latest natural supplements and herbs to take daily.

Things not important to me

Shoes...  NO expensive fancy shoes... I just wear what looks nice for the price that are good for my feet  and comfortable... .  I never notice what shoes someone is wearing...could care less.

Handbags... I have two.  That is it. When they are getting worn out,  I will buy a new one.  Just do not care about handbags being expensive. Waste of money. nor do I change them out with my outfit for the day.   SERIOUSLY??? 

Jewelery....  It use to be important... SO IMPORTANT...but now in my 60's I barely put on earrings.. do not know why the change in me for not wanting to wear jewelery anymore.  Just one of those getting older things where what is really important out shines things that just do not matter to me at this time. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU NOW... WHAT IS NOT IMPORTANT TO YOU?

Things important to me

My Skincare.... I am a skin care junkie.. Not A  makeup junkie...  hardly wear much makeup anymore... lipstick and mascara is just about all.... just  like good healthy looking skin and products that keep it that way.   Skincare  one area that I spend too much  money on probably.... Tattoos are a huge NO for me.  As are tans or any  tanning stains that they sell....   messy, smelly... just why?

my hair.... I want it healthy and looking nice when I go out.  But no coloring, no trendy fu fu fluffy "hair don't" .  Just natural healthy REAL hair.  Simple... not going to blow dry and curl and use all those appliances  that damage my hair.  Colored my hair for 30 years. NEVER AGAIN.

What I wear... I like to look nice, but, nothing too trendy... nothing garish or loud...no sparkle and shine. Clothes that fit and flatter whatever is going on with my figure at the time(LOL!) NO LOGO  EVER!!!!! Man Indifferent

My lifestyle      I like quiet... no parties, nothing loud.... no large crowds...   I will not drive far from home anymore....nothing that requires lots of planing. I like things simple... simple food,  less and less stuff... simple living.  Taking good care of myself and staying healthy as I can.  I love taking supplements... keeping up on the latest natural supplements and herbs to take daily.

Things not important to me

Shoes...  NO expensive fancy shoes... I just wear what looks nice for the price that are good for my feet  and comfortable... .  I never notice what shoes someone is wearing...could care less.

Handbags... I have two.  That is it. When they are getting worn out,  I will buy a new one.  Just do not care about handbags being expensive. Waste of money. nor do I change them out with my outfit for the day.   SERIOUSLY??? 

Jewelery....  It use to be important... SO IMPORTANT...but now in my 60's I barely put on earrings.. do not know why the change in me for not wanting to wear jewelery anymore.  Just one of those getting older things where what is really important out shines things that just do not matter to me at this time. 

we must be related!!

Respected Contributor

I don't define myself by my age.

I do what makes me happy and in that, I am pretty opposite of everything you posted.

I enjoy applying makeup. I wear my hair big and curly and I color it because it looks great on me. I enjoy color and texture in clothing. I dabble in trends. I am very social. Love going out with friends and entertaining in my home.

I always wear jewelry. I enjoy good handbags and shoes.

I take good care of my skin, so with that, I am with you.

Honored Contributor

Relationships.

Esteemed Contributor

I can relate to everything you posted, especially the “Lifestyle” section.  I also like to live a quiet, simple life and try to be as healthy as I can.  It’s funny how things change.  I no longer have an interest in accumulating things, be it clothes or household stuff.    

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Relationships.

@tansy   important?  Or not important to you?

Honored Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

I can relate to everything you posted, especially the “Lifestyle” section.  I also like to live a quiet, simple life and try to be as healthy as I can.  It’s funny how things change.  I no longer have an interest in accumulating things, be it clothes or household stuff.    

@cotton4me    Isn't that the truth?  It is like a switch went off in me... what I use to  like and need to what is important now.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Relationships.

@tansy   important?  Or not important to you?

Important, @SeaMaiden.

My grandson and his family are visiting us right now.   I am enjoying seeing my sons together so much.  Lots of laughter❤️

Honored Contributor

My health is my primary concern these days. 

Skincare , I don't wear much make-up these days so Iwant my skin to look as good as possible.

Maintaining my friendships

Without being ridiculous about it, pleasing myself

Not important

Acquiring more stuff, especially jewelry

Keeping my opinions to myself

worrying about what others think

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I certainly do not like the same things I did when I was much younger and age does play a part in that. I don't like fussy clothes, colored hair or hair that takes any time to get looking good. I still like makeup, but wear much less than I did even a year ago. I too am a skin care junkie and my neck proves it. LOL I like to be comfortable, but fashionable, not trendy. I do not like crowds and do not tolerate people or any situation that make me uncomfortable. Our lives at this point in time is quiet and comfortable and that's the way we like it. I am not afraid of aging so I don't deny it and say it doesn't matter.