Respected Contributor

I am not 60, or even close to it, but 53 and wanted to take a peek and see if anything clicked with me.

Skincare is a must. I use the best products morning and night.

My teeth, I like them white and bright

My hair. I have been dyeing it since I was 15. I will never let my self go grey

Im not a big fan of working out, but I walk daily and do yoga.

I wear a little makeup 

I get 8 hours of sleep a night

I dont smoke or drink 

I dont eat red meat

Things not important to me:

Expensive brand name anything:

Shoes, handbags, jewelry

What others think

I wonder what it will be like in 7 years?

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Important:  my health

Not important:  reality TV

@SilleeMee   Reality TV   Not important.....   but I love to watch it😄

Honored Contributor

I'm 66 and I am basically the same as I always was. 

I love my makeup and skincare.

I like clothes that are  different than what most wear.

Never cared for jewelry except for earrings for my 5 holes.

I never cared what others thought of me and was nonjudgmental and critical of others even when young.  I still speak out against bullying and people who are always so judgemental and spew nastiness.

I was never and still am not someone who meekly follows the crowd. 

The only things that may be different now is that I buy what I want more now where when I was younger I used to somewhat be more cautious (not cheap cautious though) with my money but you can't take it with you!!!  Another is that I have cut all ties with negative toxid people.  When I was younger I liked to go out and have fun dancing and drinking but I am most content just staying home with my SO and pets and very rarely if ever drink alcohol.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Women over 60....

[ Edited ]

Important:

GOD

Sleep

Natural/organic products

Time

Tea

Wine

Family

Friends

Memories

Not important:

Drama

Gossip

Keeping up with the Joneses

(I just KNEW I'd be back to edit!)

Respected Contributor

Interesting topic!

Important:

1. My family.

I have definitely lived more days than I have in my future.  Someday, I won't be around to celebrate birthdays, holidays, life's milestones.  So I cherish every minute we are together.

2. Friends

Good friends have helped me overcome difficult times and make the good times even better.

Unimportant:

1. Stuff!  

Trusted Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

I don't define myself by my age.

I do what makes me happy and in that, I am pretty opposite of everything you posted.

I enjoy applying makeup. I wear my hair big and curly and I color it because it looks great on me. I enjoy color and texture in clothing. I dabble in trends. I am very social. Love going out with friends and entertaining in my home.

I always wear jewelry. I enjoy good handbags and shoes.

I take good care of my skin, so with that, I am with you.

I’m not near 60 yet, but I was thinking the same thing, total opposite of op...I’m sure I'll always be this way, but that’s what makes the world go ‘round, different strokes😀

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Trusted Contributor

I'm not quite ready to downsize.  I just bought a new Dooney from their website, it was during their most recent sale and got a bargain on a beautiful bag I've been eyeing for a long time.  

I'm sure there will come a time when I will not care about makeup, hair style, clothing and accessories but probably when I'm dead.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Important:

My health and the health of my family

My political "voice"

Not important:

The rest

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am more interested in getting rid of stuff than acquiring more of it.

I like my hair cut well and colored because it is rapidly becoming a dreadful "greige".

My biggest concern is my health. After a near-death event four years ago, my focus is now on doing what I must to stay alive and so-called "healthy". They say when you have your health, you have everything. That is so very true! 

I still feel more presentable wearing makeup. I have enough shoes and handbags to last me for the rest of my life. I put on earrings every morning right after I wash my face....I have passed much of my jewelry on to other family members and still have plenty. 

I love quiet evenings and fewer crowds. Simple is best...what a shame it took this long to figure out all this.

Honored Contributor

Everything is important to me!

Skincare ... doing exactly the same thing that I've done for the last 40         years.    

Hair (and nails). OCD about my hair and fingernails.  Always have been, always will be.  Every six weeks at the hairdresser.  DIY manicure every week.  Well-groomed!

What I wear ... won't leave the house unless I'm "dressed."  I dress like me.  I don't want to look like anyone else.

Lifestyle ... I retired at 68 ... only change is that I can do what I want, when I want, and have more time to get together with others.  I love living in Manhattan.

Shoes .... I'm a shoe junky.  My shoes MUST coordinate with what I'  m wearing.  I have a lot of shoes.

Handbags ... I have a bunch and change frequently as the mood hits me.  Must be important or I wouldn't have so many.

Jewelry ... I don't leave the house w/o wearing earrings, watch, bracelet and my rings.  I feel naked w/o my "hardware."