Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Woman licking ice cream, then putting it back in the freezer at wal mart

I would call the crime tampering/destructing store property. Ruining it so

that no one else can buy it. 

It could be stealing because obviously she is still eating some of it.

Make her do community service of working in a store freezer for 6 months.

Stop her from shopping in this and all Walmarts as well.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

i wonder if she considered someone may have licked it before her.

haha

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Valued Contributor

I hope she gets a lot of jail time.  What if she or someone following her example decided to do this to baby food?  

Additionally, Blue Bell suffered some huge losses in the last few years when some of their ice cream was contaminated leading to layoffs.  This idiot doesn't stop to think that this little stunt of hers could make someone sick or lead to the loss of someone's job.  

Respected Contributor

@Bri369  What's smooth, The cover or the icecream?  Lifting the lid can be done carefully with minimal telltale signs.  Do you pull off the cover to inspect the icecream before you spend your money on it?  If we all paid strict attention to it we'd Probably notice but not everyone is focused on their Icecream.  Then,  If you noticed the lick mark once you'd got it home you'd have to cart it back to the store for a refund. Waste of my time and money over someone elses foolish antics.

Honored Contributor

I can't help but think nothing will happen to her. 

In today's newspaper a man going about 20 mph over the speed limit, had a hit and run. He killed a woman 10 feet from her driveway. Her body was found 180 feet away from "the point of impact".

He was sentenced to one to five years for charges of homicide by vehicle and causing a fatal accident while driving without a license.

If he got one to five years for charges of homicide by vehicle and causing a fatal accident while driving without a license - what is an ice cream licker going to get?

Respected Contributor

@drizzelllaA year of enforced Community service would be nice to see.  But she'd probably blog it.

Trusted Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@MarieIG wrote:

@happycat wrote:

Of course, her friend was filming it on phone and she posted it to social media. From what I have read, the authorities have figured out who this lady is, and surely she will be prosecuted.

I love ice cream in the summer. This just really grosses me out. Then I read that this is something people are doing- taking the ice cream container out of the freezer at stores and taking lid off, licking and them puting lid back on and replacing it.

What is it all coming to? My husband says they need to put a hermetic seal on the ice cream. I agree. But, what are people gonna do next? All to get attention on social media. Just sick.

Ariana Grande was not prosecuted. 

While I don't believe these perpentrators should do hard time; IMHO - some Community Service would be warranted. 

@MarieIG , Did Ariana Grande do this too? Is she the one who started it? I'm sorry, I just hadn't heard anything about her in regards to this, but I guess I about live in a bubble.

@happycat  It was a donut, it was caught on surveillance video, and she made a comment about obese Americans.  I do not recall the exact words, but you can google Ariana Grande licks a donut/ Youtube.  No, she did not share in, it fact there was a lot of damage control afterwards. 

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

Social media....the cause of the downfall of civilization.

Not kidding, folks.

They said the same thing once upon a time  about television....LOL

@chrystaltree   Lol. I'm sure they did. Same thing with cars, etc.

In all honesty, I think Social Media has taken human behavior to the lowest of the low. No dignity, no morality, nothing. All for "hits" and "numbers". The fact that a celebrity (or anyone with a large following -which is bizarre unto itself) can be on the other side of the planet and then, in seconds, alerts their "followers" they've had a huge poop is why it's far worse than TV ever was. Add in the ways to bully. to stalk, to terrorize....no, I believe it's far worse than anyone could have imagined. TV still has some censoring going on. Social Media? Anything goes.

Esteemed Contributor

@MarieIG wrote:

@happycat wrote:

@MarieIG wrote:

@happycat wrote:

Of course, her friend was filming it on phone and she posted it to social media. From what I have read, the authorities have figured out who this lady is, and surely she will be prosecuted.

I love ice cream in the summer. This just really grosses me out. Then I read that this is something people are doing- taking the ice cream container out of the freezer at stores and taking lid off, licking and them puting lid back on and replacing it.

What is it all coming to? My husband says they need to put a hermetic seal on the ice cream. I agree. But, what are people gonna do next? All to get attention on social media. Just sick.

Ariana Grande was not prosecuted. 

While I don't believe these perpentrators should do hard time; IMHO - some Community Service would be warranted. 

@MarieIG , Did Ariana Grande do this too? Is she the one who started it? I'm sorry, I just hadn't heard anything about her in regards to this, but I guess I about live in a bubble.

@happycat  It was a donut, it was caught on surveillance video, and she made a comment about obese Americans.  I do not recall the exact words, but you can google Ariana Grande licks a donut/ Youtube.  No, she did not share in, it fact there was a lot of damage control afterwards. 

I guess I missed that. What a classy thing for ms. Grande to do.

I did read on NBC news that the ice cream licker could face a second degree felony charge of tampering with a consumer product. It comes with a 2 to 20 year prison term and up to 10,000 fine. We shall see. I figure if she is cute and has the right connections she won't have much to worry about.

Respected Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

i wonder if she considered someone may have licked it before her.

haha

No haha there, it would be just one pig to another and would not bother either one!