Honored Contributor

Re: Woman licking ice cream, then putting it back in the freezer at wal mart

People by and large don't pay for bad behavior now.  We excuse eveything, accept everything, and have let go of what is considered by most people acceptable behavior.

We can wear workout clothes to a wedding, dispose of table manners in a disposable plate world, and do what we want because we don't care what others think and like to make sure they understand that.  

We can be as hateful, rude and disrespectful as we want and we're just "being ourselves."

Honored Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

The woman who did that licking was a disgusting pig and the person who recorded it was just as disgusting. She witness the entire thing and did nothing but take a video. They are both guilty.

If anyone sees anyone doing something so gross they should report it immediately to the store manager, or just confront the person who is doing it, make a scene, but it will get someone's attention. It is a heath issue.

People are so afraid to step up to the plate and that is exactly what such people who do such disgusting things count on. Let an innocent buyer purchase the lick ice cream, as long as it isn't you. Unfortunately those who are doing it see nothing wrong with what they are doing. It is probably part of their upbringing. Entitlement.

Admittedly such circumstances irk me.

Sometimes,it is easier said than done.  When I saw the man removing the lid and tasting the spaghetti sauce. I apparently gave him a dirty look.  He was a very large man with a young son with him.

The son outted  me to his dad and I was followed throughout the store and even up to the cash register.  That large man intimated he.  He was not working with a full deck and I was terrified.

He was directly behind me at the checkout so I hurried up and tried to leave before he was checked out, but he was fast.

He followed me out onto the highway and was pretty close scaring me further.  I was afraid to drive to my home because I didn't want him to know where I lived, so I pulled into the police station parking lot and sat there. After he left, I went home.

I am not a big scary cat person and I usually speak up and confront people, but this time I didn't.  That man was evil and creepy....all I wanted to do,was get away from him.

Be careful out there....you just never know

Respected Contributor

Moderators:

This is the type of post I'd like to not see when I open up your forum. Please consider letting us mark posts that we don't want to see. 

Respected Contributor

@Carmie 

I totally agree with you, and pulling into the police station was the best action to take.

If I had thought the person was watching, following me, I would have checked out, and not even walked to my car, but watched where he was and try to take notice of his car etc.. I would have matched right back into the store, notified the clerk, and called the police.

I would not have allowed him to know my car and license number.

Each of us react in a different manner. Can I be really certain I would have done that, I can be 99% I would have. Why, because of my upbringing. Survival was key in my Brooklyn neighborhood, street smarts were a part of my education very early on.

Life, and situations are scary. Even today, I watch my surroundings and trust nothing. It is almost like it is me, or you. Can not let go of those gut feelings.

What you said was spot right on, and things are easier said than done.

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate ...really?  You do not have to read the thread....don't spoil non policical, non religious posts....what do you want us to discuss?   To many posts are removed now...there will be nothing left to discuss except kittens and babies.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay, I admit that I have sampled one or two grapes before I buy the bunch, but to open jars and taste the contents, or lick icream lids?

Ewwww!

Most ice cream that I have purchased, had the plastic film on the inside, as well as the ring on the outside.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

Social media....the cause of the downfall of civilization.

Not kidding, folks.

They said the same thing once upon a time  about television....LOL

And radio

and books

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@cerb wrote:

All of the ice cream containers where we live in CA come with a plastic ring around the lid, as a safety seal.

Same where I live.  As a matter of fact almost all products except produce are vacuum sealed (ketchup, mustard, salad dressings, milk, etc.) and are so secure that when I buy them and try to open them at home I wind up with broken fingernails or need a special opening device to finally get into them.  

This person must have exceptional strength and very little gray matter between her ears.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

Moderators:

This is the type of post I'd like to not see when I open up your forum. Please consider letting us mark posts that we don't want to see. 

I'm sorry, @ahoymate. Was the title of the post not explanation enough as to what it would be about? You didn't have to click on it

Goodness.

Respected Contributor

I just read on CBS News' site that she could face up to 20 years in prison for food tampering.