Respected Contributor

Can any of you crafters recommend a decent and reasonably priced wire cutter.  I need it to cut the wire on a wire wreath frame that's about the thickness of a wire coat/clothes hangar.  Bought a Craftsman at Lowes and the blasted thing doesn't cut as I thought it would.  Returning.  There are so many on Amazon, my head is spinning.

Respected Contributor

Re: Wire Cutter Recommendation

@coffee drinker I use Memory Cutter wire cutters for my hard to cut wire. I bought a pair at Lowe's thinking that they would be manly & tough, but they didn't cut.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@coffee drinker 

Have you looked at ratcheting wire cutters? I used one on my job for years. It would cut through up to 2 gauge(lower number bigger wire or cable) copper wire. It also would cut through cables with jacketing insulation, up to 50 pair cable wires. 

Ratchets make the tools very easy to use. No, 1 cut and done, just like a car Jack. One pump and up? Only if you were a pro football lineman, or the Jack Man on a Nascar Pit Crew! Just takes a little longer, but much easier on all the joints used for this action.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@coffee drinker 

Have you looked at ratcheting wire cutters? I used one on my job for years. It would cut through up to 2 gauge(lower number bigger wire or cable) copper wire. It also would cut through cables with jacketing insulation, up to 50 pair cable wires. 

Ratchets make the tools very easy to use. No, 1 cut and done, just like a car Jack. One pump and up? Only if you were a pro football lineman, or the Jack Man on a Nascar Pit Crew! Just takes a little longer, but much easier on all the joints used for this action.

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn                     !

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi 

!

??

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

GOOD IDEA....(I have some "big stuff" in the garage to get rid of, but the trash service requires everything to be bagged) 

♥Surface of the Sun♥