Super Contributor

Re: Williams replacement SAVANNAH IN WAITING AT NBC NIGHTLY NEWS

Didn't they announce over the weekend that Lester Holt would fill in?

Honored Contributor

Speculation from Page Six (probably as reliable as the Drudge ReportWink):

"The short list has been drawn up should the internal investigation find Brian Williams needs to be replaced.

The list, which includes Lester Holt, Carl Quintanilla and Willie Geist, leans heavily on younger talent at the Peacock Network."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I highly doubt the OP. There is no site given credit.

Carl Quintanilla would be an excellent choice.

Respected Contributor

Everyone is a rumor at this point until the network makes an official announcement. There's no harm in discussing the possibilities.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

On 2/10/2015 muttmom said:

I highly doubt the OP. There is no site given credit.

Just the ""Drudge Report.""

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

I think it's difficult to go from the celebrity/Hollywood, lifestyle, fashion, cooking segments of the morning shows to the anchor desk of the nightly broadcast news. It didn't work for Katie.

However, if there is a permanent replacement Lester is ideally suited, already doing the weekend nightly news. But as someone mentioned, maybe he just wouldn't want it.

Honored Contributor

Aww shucks , I was rooting for it to be Harry Smith - love him!

Respected Contributor

Say it ain't so!

Honored Contributor

On 2/10/2015 Topaz Gem said:

Everyone is a rumor at this point until the network makes an official announcement. There's no harm in discussing the possibilities.

Agreed, but pot shots will be taken at whatever source that is provided, that's why I rarely link them anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

Page Six has actually broken quite a few stories. I am not saying this is the case here as I don't know but they have had the scoop on quite a few stories in the past.

I don't think anyone here is taking this as the gospel truth, more like just discussing it.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK