Honored Contributor

Re: Williams replacement SAVANNAH IN WAITING AT NBC NIGHTLY NEWS

Obviously the "Savannah" story is old news now.

NBC has put Brian Williams on a six-month vacation without pay.

Lester Holt will continue in his place for that period of time. Thank goodness.

Time will tell how this will turn out. If Lester keeps up the ratings (which, IMO, he will) then it could be the end for Williams.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

NBC reports that Nightly News ratings increased last week during the Brian Williams situation. Of course, that was Brian Williams reporting the numbers. (Thanks to Conan.)

Valued Contributor

On 2/10/2015 Topaz Gem said:

Everyone was hoping it would be Lester.

I have a lot of respect and admiration for Lester Holt. He is the ultimate choice, in my opinion, to replace Williams. I would have to watch another network if Savannah gets this position.

Every perfect gift is from above.
Esteemed Contributor

I watched Lester Holt do the news last night. He did a fine job. I would just as soon see him being the replacement host, maybe permanently.

Regular Contributor

Lester Holt is a nice guy, but he can't keep the ratings up. He is not lead material. The ratings are already falling, and he will be out soon. Savannah is young, they need youth and she has a great background, lawyer. She also has a good personality, has had many good interviews. Good experience and likability. I hope Brian returns, but it is very iffy.
Respected Contributor

I hope and pray that NBC keeps Lester Holt on forever doing the news. he is a excellent speaker and when he does the news you sit and listen. That morning duo can stay where they are at. I have always been a Lester Holt fan. He is the one I would ask to take over that spot permanently.

Honored Contributor

Savannah was on a late night show recently and I had never really watched her for long periods of time before but soon found out she drove me crazy!