Respected Contributor

Will We Feel Different When?

the virus starts to take big tolls.

Now I feel like I am waiting for an asteroid to hit the world.  When the big numbers hit and all the hospitals are full, I think I will feel this is not the country I have lived in until now.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Will We Feel Different When?

it kind of already feels that way.

Respected Contributor

I think great strides are being made here in the USA to contain the virus and treat those who are already infected.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KarenQVC wrote:

the virus starts to take big tolls.

Now I feel like I am waiting for an asteroid to hit the world.  When the big numbers hit and all the hospitals are full, I think I will feel this is not the country I have lived in until now.

It already has been. Italy has been reporting hundreds of people dying every day for some time now. Over 2000 people died in 2 days. They had nearly 800 people die in 24 hours on Sunday.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The question is Will We Feel Differently When it Ends?  Right now the news of cases and deaths is so stressful for ourselves and our loved ones, but how will this pandemic affect us in the future?  I think it will change us forever.  When the restrictions are lifted when will you be confident to go back to work, go to a restaurant with friends, get on a plane, go on vacation and stay in a hotel, have your hair cut, go clothes shopping,  give hugs......  In time I'm sure these uncertainties will subside, but the first time we do the things we have previously taken for granted it will be a bit unnerving.

Respected Contributor

@Alison Wonderland You are right, of course.  I just feel I grew up in such an optimistic America that could go to the moon and cure many illnesses.  To see us go down the tubes over equipment distribution and social behavior seems like such a shame. 

Honored Contributor

It already feels like a nightmare I need to wake up from.

Esteemed Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

I think great strides are being made here in the USA to contain the virus and treat those who are already infected.

Thanks only to many governors who have been left to take charge, and most are doing a great job. 

Respected Contributor

I know I'll never feel the same again.  Sorry.  I'm 66 and not usually afraid of contageous diseases.  I shall eventually go on (somewhat normally), but will be more alert in the future to other viruses.  After all, what's next in store?

The coronavirus is unlike anything I've seen...even with HIV/AIDS, one could protect themselves.  This coronavirus is "seemingly" innocuous in those asymtomatic and many recover.  Yet can be deadly if those droplets hit the right unsuspecting person.  And fairly quickly, too.

Sorry if my blunt negative opinion has frightened anyone.

Denise
Respected Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

I know I'll never feel the same again.  Sorry.  I'm 66 and not usually afraid of contageous diseases.  I shall eventually go on (somewhat normally), but will be more alert in the future to other viruses.  After all, what's next in store?

The coronavirus is unlike anything I've seen...even with HIV/AIDS, one could protect themselves.  This coronavirus is "seemingly" innocuous in those asymtomatic and many recover.  Yet can be deadly if those droplets hit the right unsuspecting person.  And fairly quickly, too.

Sorry if my blunt negative opinion has frightened anyone.

Don't be sorry. I've experienced a lot of things but never anything like this. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.