Honored Contributor

The governor announced today that schools in the state will not resume in the current school year.  Having seniors prove their compency for graduation is a knotty problem on which they're still working.  I'm wondering if the next school year will start very early.  No announcement yet. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I heard that this afternoon.  I have 4 grandkids in ABQ in school.  I am sad to hear this but I can understand it too.  I live in Michigan where the virus is running wild so I won't be surprised if they keep our schools closed too.  Stay well!

Esteemed Contributor
  1. My grands go to school in Kern County, California; supposedly they return to school first week in May.  Don't think that's going to happen but we are not taking them back from Arizona until end of summer.
Honored Contributor

@patbz   You're going to be busy planning some activities to keep them busy.  Anything to do in your small town?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624     OMG.....what happens to students who have already been accepted at colleges and universities?   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

My nieces school in CT is finished for the school year.  She's a senior in high school.  I keep asking how does that work, but haven't had an answer. LOL.  I assume there is no graduation, but no word on that either.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 : At the moment, we are sheltering in place but when things start to improve they want to go to Petrified preserve and also Grand Canyon.  Hopefully, before Fall they can go to Medieval Times and Wolf Lodge. There are also swimming lessons and our above ground pool that we'lll put up in May.  Plus they love to help with chores (they are 7 and 9 and love to rake pine needles and pine cones--for $$$$).

Honored Contributor

@patbz   Do you have a dog they can walk and play with?  Any other little boys around?

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 :  We have two long haired doxies and a very walkable neighborhood.