Honored Contributor

My county commissioners gave an unkind gesture to our governor and shut us down effective midnight tonight.  The line of cars probably going to grab some more tp was epic.

Of course for those of you following the Boss Satans I work for, they told my GM to stay open.  "It's not like they will arrest you."  Smiley Surprised

One day after cutting paychecks, karma said um, no.  How about we just give them a vacation instead?  I really love when I'm around to see the circle close.  Hard.  Smiley Very Happy

They are currently pow wowing their 'options' as we type.  😂

Respected Contributor

Re: I have joined the shelters

Do you mean shelterers?  Best wishes to you. 

Honored Contributor

@Laura14  I don't understand what you are saying?

So you are considered a necessary person?  But someone told you to close up shop and someone else said keep going, you won't get arrested?

Please explain if you can?  I mainly want to hear you are OK....

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 - I saw that on Facebook. My sister is in DeKalb and they just issued the same order.  As for Cobb?  Nope. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@santorini Yes although I feel like a puppy in the pen.  

@Annabellethecat66 You're sweet. My county shut us down because we are a hot spot in my state.  So far, I think I have just allergies and stress.  Hope your daughter is doing well.  ❤️

@gidgetgh I was in shock!  I didn't think anyone would stare down the shotgun but I just saw they may "allow businesses to operate to maintain their inventories" whatever that means.  They could be backtracking and throwing me back to the wolves with you!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I'm with you - have no clue what this woman is saying - posters throw the tail end of their life out here - assuming we read all the previous chapters.  Should have skipped this one.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14  Thank you for taking time to explain your post to me.  You didn't have to do that and I really appreciate it.

Take care and please be safe.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh So I can't find the order online anywhere but the news people are quoting the standard you have to stay home except for essentials only.  But then they quote the commissioner that non-essential businesses can stay open to service their payroll and inventories.  So who does she think is going to run those non-essential businesses?  

DeKalb county, if you're not in healthcare or a grocer, stay home.   Clear as day.

Why do I always get the nuts talking out of both sides of their mouth and no website update where you can actually read the order.  I almost think we're getting punked.

Honored Contributor

My oldest lives in DeKalb county.  She told me last night that there is a curfew.  Smiley Surprised

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh Finally found it.  Might be shorter to just list what has to close.

The only businesses that will be allowed to remain open include: health care facilities; grocery stores; farmers markets; food banks; convenience stores; gas stations; banks and related financial institutions; hardware stores; newspapers; television and radio stations; auto repair shops; auto supply stores; plumbers; mailing and shipping businesses; laundromats; dry cleaners; educational institutions not closed by Gov. Brian Kemp; businesses that provide materials people use to work from home; delivery services; home-based senior, adult of child care; airlines; taxis; lawfirms, real estate firms; accounting firms; hotels; food cultivation businesses such as farms; businesses that provide social services; and businesses that provide services to the government.