Respected Contributor

Hi, all.  At the beginning of the pandemic I mentioned on the board that I had trimmed off my hair and was going to try wigs instead of going to the hairdresser.

It was 6 months of learning, but I am happy with it.  My bio hair is a buzz cut and every 2 weeks I color it with simple to use Just for Men to keep it a nice brown.

I have developed a nice wig collection that to date costs about what I would have paid the hairdresser.  Six of my wigs are supposed to look real--- 3 reds, 2 rooted blonds, and a warm brown.  Three are spiky shags and 3 are pixies.  Then just for fun I have 12 fashion colors like lime and peach--just about every color.  The fashion colors were really nice party wigs from AA wig stores.

I found out the secret was to embrace the possibilities and not be concerned what others might think.  I'm happy with my new hobby and free of the hairdresser!

Respected Contributor

Hey...if you enjoy them and like the different looks, that is what is important!

Continue enjoying your fun new styles.

Respected Contributor

@alicedee Thank you.  I do like the variety and my husband thinks it's a hoot.  My bio hair was a nasty PITA.

It's all in the attitude. I learned a lot from youtube videos--both attitude and techniques.

Respected Contributor

@KarenQVC I like your style!

Honored Contributor

If you are happy and enjoying your collection of wigs, that is great!!!!!  Sometimes changes fill us with happiness, give us a new outlook, and just make us feel good!  It sounds like your wigs have done just that, enjoy and have fun!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy your new hair. If you need any help with your collection, YouTube channels are great. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think you are amazing!!   You are having fun with your wig collection and what matters is that you like it, you are doing something for yourself that makes you happy, good for you.  Woman Very Happy    

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

I think the project went well because I did not enter it from a position of shame.  These "I can tell a wig a mile away" naysayers are to be rejected.  We have no obligation to show the world our bio hair.

My wardrobe is quirky and colorful and now my hair is going along for the ride!

Honored Contributor

I love my wigs. I never was "Becky with the good hair" so it's nice to finally have my hair the way I want it though I don't wear one every day. 

Respected Contributor

@KarenQVC @I'm so glad you are having fun with wigs ! Having been born with the poorest quality hair that got thinner and thinner as years passed, discovering the wonderful world of alternative hair has been a life saver for me. To have so many choices and looks is so much fun, and talk about easy ! The wigs now days are pretty much shake or finger fluff, and go ! Having a great hair day every day, is easy now 😉👍😊.