Respected Contributor

Re: Why just keep complaining? DO Something!

@gardensla wrote:

See what I mean? All the sides line up and the back and forth starts.

I have cut and pasted the posts where those who were questioning the new moderation were called all the names I included in my post. Even if some here would never use those words, I can prove that others have. 

This should not be how it is here. 

What?  What does THAT mean?  I've just stated that I've been snarked at for being helpful.  I do agree that the moderation is heavy handed.

I am not going to get into with you, gardensla, as I do like you.  I do think that we've ALL been the subject of uneven and heavy handed moderation.   At the expense of being snarked at again by other posters, have you tried to email the QVC social team and let them know how you felt about that comment?  Perhaps they were not aware how hurtful it was to you.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Esteemed Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

DooBdoo, as usual, you are so eloquent... I started a thread on Pet Lovers yesterday about birds, weather and my cats, one of which I recently lost.  It took me two months before I dared to post anything about her (my avatar).  She touched my heart in ways that I can't even describe and I can still barely manage to talk about it, so I came here and posted as though nothing had happened because I couldn't write it down.  I knew if I said anything about it, someone could and probably would use it against me.  But I made the mistake of posting about it, and yes, someone said something ridiculing my thread and those of us who choose to post about our pets and the simple wonderful things in life.  It was an offensive and sarcastic remark on a Fashion thread that had to refer directly to what I posted.  

So I got off the boards last night because I didn't want to say something that would get me banned.  This is the first time I've been back (I wanted to check on something else and saw your post).  The callousness of some posters on these boards is just not to be believed.  I felt like I needed someone to tie my hands last night to keep me from saying something I would regret and would get me kicked off the forums.  So I'm staying away for now, I may be back in a couple of days, and I may not.  I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed posting with you and so many good and kind people here, and how much I respect all of you who manage to stay here and post without hurting anyone else. 

ETA:  For those who apparently think it's "stupid" for anyone to have their feelings hurt on an anonymous board, if someone's feelings are already "raw" for whatever reason, insensitive and sarcastic remarks DO hurt... and if a person has any humanity they wouldn't do that to another human being on purpose.  I'm done. 

Kittymom...first, I'm very sorry for the loss of your kitty.  I've been down that road myself too recently.  I think of him daily and when I do my body starts to tremble and my eyes fill with tears. 

I'm glad you posted about it; it helps to share.  And I am sorry if someone said anything that hurt you.

But you said that the remark on the fashion board HAD to refer to what you posted.  Maybe it didn't.  Do you KNOW that the person who made the remark saw your comment?  Did you post it on the fashion board?  It could be the person who made the insensitive remark knows nothing of your loss.

I know there are mean people here...I'm sorry to say I am considered one by some...but I don't think ANYONE here would be unkind to someone who posted about the personal loss of a pet.

Again, I'm am truly very sorry for the loss of your little one.  Is she your avatar?  She's a beauty.  I wish you the very best. Heart

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:
@kittymomNC -

I hear you. I had to have my 20 year old kitty put to sleep yesterday, and I too didn't want to say anything on the forums because I was sure someone would say whatever they thought they might get away with - or even if mean-spirited posts are deleted, the perpetrator know they scored before the deletion.

I'm sorry for your loss.

@Moonchilde, I am so very sorry.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Respected Contributor

I have seen posters here called stupid, uneducated, "it's over there head"  "lack reading comprehension" right here since the change

If we are all supposed to get along on a better moderated board, why are these things still being said?  I can't stand rude.

Respected Contributor

Sorry to those of you who have lost pets. I have been down that road and it hurts for a long time. 

I have a JRT who is 13, and getting old, I can't even think about it Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I've also seen the constant baiting and endless questions from posters to elicit such responses.  People's patience runs thin with the endless baiting by some.

Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
Honored Contributor

Thank you, adelina :-)
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

I have cut and pasted the posts where those who were questioning the new moderation were called all the names I included in my post. Even if some here would never use those words, I can prove that others have. 

What?  What does THAT mean?  I've just stated that I've been snarked at for being helpful.  I do agree that the moderation is heavy handed.

I am not going to get into with you, gardensla, as I do like you.  I do think that we've ALL been the subject of uneven and heavy handed moderation.   At the expense of being snarked at again by other posters, have you tried to email the QVC social team and let them know how you felt about that comment?  Perhaps they were not aware how hurtful it was to you.

I don't think I was actually referring to you. Yes, I did email the moderators and got a nice form letter in return.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

I don't think I was actually referring to you. Yes, I did email the moderators and got a nice form letter in return.

Well, I am truly sorry that they couldn't take the time to respond to you about it.   Hopefully, it won't happen again or perhaps the moderators can take a gentler tone 

Honored Contributor

I agree that the way posts are deleted, unless you were the poster or unless people are "saving" every post ever made to their HD, no one but the poster knows the comment was theirs - unless they start posting "look what they said about me!" The deleted poster has to run around spreadin' the news; others wouldn't have a clue.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all