Respected Contributor

Re: Why just keep complaining? DO Something!

@biancardi wrote:

For those who are so unhappy, have you tried to email the QVC Social Team?  Either they will respond or not.   If I am not happy about a moderation decision (and it doesn't have to be my post), I privately email them on it.

That way, if they reverse their decision, they do not lose face with the community, as it was a private conversation. 

I've been on many other boards, have moderated several.  I can say this, moderators are people too - the insults, the constant circular arguments, the push backs - it does wear down moderators and believe me, instead of giving in and allowing posters to have their own way, mods just dig in deeper.

I don't agree with 50% of the moderation here - BUT what these boards were like before?  OMG.  We've gone from one extreme of no moderation to an extreme, heavy handed moderation.  I believe the mods will find that middle ground, but the constant challenges to how they moderate - OPENLY on this board - will make that discovery much slower, as they will have to deal with that.

I am not sure why people just can't privately email them as everyone should know by now, they don't like it when it is openly challenged.

You make a good point about doing it privately.

Other than that....let me say that I don't know anyone who appreciates drastic change thrown at them all at once.  IMO..Q made a big big mistake by having the moderators come in like gangbusters.  It's a great way to alienate people.

Respected Contributor

I agree that they came in with a drastic change, but I do feel that they have been trying to nudge us in a different direction for a couple of years, of which it was totally ignored by all!!

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]
I think HonnyBrown has a point. And one of the reasons to cultivate a balanced life is because things like this happen all of the time on the internet: things can be updated and revamped constantly, forums are shut down, etc., it is very risky to make web-based sites so crucial to one's well-being.
Honored Contributor

For heaven's sake - it's a shopping bb - we are not here to re-write the Constitution.

How many more complaining threads do we need?

And seriously - emailing the Q Team?  Everyone is an expert on what should be posted and who should be told to leave.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

What's with the tag noting pity? It's not a word used in the post at all.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:
What's with the tag noting pity? It's not a word used in the post at all.

Are you talking to me?  It would be nice if you quoted me so I would know.

If it is my post, and I just saw the tag, I was probably typing something and hit that tag link in error midway and then changed the word.

Nothing shady or underhanded.

Honored Contributor

I'm on an iPad, Cakers, and quoting is not an option. It seemed clear who I would be asking.
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:
I'm on an iPad, Cakers, and quoting is not an option. It seemed clear who I would be asking.

Well thank you for the explanation.  As I said I didn't even see the tag in my post until it was mentioned.  I didn't know you couldn't quote on an iPad.  So much for advanced technology.  LOL

I'm not sure how those tags work anyway nor do I care as to why they exist, actually.  I just know I've hit the wrong button here a few times.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PenneyT wrote:
I thinkHonnyBrown has a point. And one of the reasons to cultivate a balanced life is because things like this happen all of the time on theinternet: things can be updated and revamped constantly, forums are shut down, etc., it is very risky to make web-based sites so crucial to one's well-being.

There are all kinds of people here. We have members who are seniors, cannot leave home because of illness and/or pain and are lonely. And sadly some say they have been rejected by their loved ones through no fault of their own. Their time has long passed to "cultivate a balanced life" so they reach out here. Obviously it's risky to make this place crucial to their well-being but it happens. Some come here to be amused. For others it means more. Nothing wrong with that. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

I don't recall loving everything about any board I've been on.  And I've modded on several and admined on one.   

For some reason I didn't get to pick just what I wanted them to have.

While this update had more issues than previous ones, all you can do is look at it like a new unfamiliar board.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*